Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's any consolation Mike I just rewired my entire ecu in about 45mins.... now I have 2 inputs and 5 outputs all ready to go... open thing up you probably burned a diode or some :poo: up... just build a separate circuit in the proto area and redo the jumpers. A simple 12v protected circuit is 2 resistors and a single transistor.... I unwired my iac circuit and rejumpered both pt6(iac1) and pt7(iac2) so they act like a switch.
You also have the options of using PAO, WLED, ALED...

Edit: in ms2 the are led d14 led d15 led d16 and js11/psi
Then peo/js7 and pe1 can be used as inputs.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

If it's any consolation Mike I just rewired my entire ecu in about 45mins.... now I have 2 inputs and 5 outputs all ready to go... open thing up you probably burned a diode or some :poo: up... just build a separate circuit in the proto area and redo the jumpers. A simple 12v protected circuit is 2 resistors and a single transistor.... I unwired my iac circuit and rejumpered both pt6(iac1) and pt7(iac2) so they act like a switch.

Then peo/js7 and pe1 can be used as inputs.
k17202636.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
If it's any consolation Mike I just rewired my entire ecu in about 45mins.... now I have 2 inputs and 5 outputs all ready to go... open thing up you probably burned a diode or some :poo: up...
just build a separate circuit in the proto area and redo the jumpers. A simple 12v protected circuit is 2 resistors and a single transistor.... I unwired my iac circuit and rejumpered both pt6(iac1) and pt7(iac2) so they act like a switch.

Then peo/js7 and pe1 can be used as inputs

Just build a seperate circuit he says,....somethin' about a proto area he says,...using capitalized 3 letter designator S, expecting me to know what kinda Martian he's talkin.......:rolleyes:
Uhhhhhhh.....Roger,....Wilco,...I should be 10-89 on my 10-4 just as soon as I can spool up the extauchiator to enable the bluferator.....

Dispatch we have a 10-89 over at Mikes place. There's also a 10-45 at same residence... Need a 10-77 on all available units. 10-4

* Sigh*

Where to even start with this. :nonono:

Considering that this thread was two pages back, one might be tempted to think I haven't been doing anything.

Nothing could be farther from the truth....I've probably spent 30+ hours trying to figure out how to get what I want to happen with my ecu.

Well,.......What is it that you want your ecu to do Mike?

I want the damn thing to turn on my cooling fan,...AND my water pump....separately.
What at first seemed like a simple matter of enabling a couple of circuits has turned into a series of "What The Hells".

When I built the thing, I chose to not use an IAC to control my idle. I use a simple solenoid that opens and closes to allow more air into the intake when the engine is cold. That " controlled vacuum leak" allows the engine to run a little faster until it reaches operating temp.

Doing that frees up the IAC circuit. Doing that, frees up two seperate outputs that allows you to control other things.

Things like a cooling fan,...AND a water pump.....separately.

Only my IAC circuit has partially failed....only one of the two outputs work.

For the " anti-Megasquirt" crowd...here's another instance of a example of how frustrating this thing can be.

For the first 16 hours spent dicking with thing, and three emails sent to DIY Autotune over the subsequent three following days...the tech at DIY determines that I have a defect.

DURRRRRR.

Here's where I'm gonna lose 90% of you...

On the end of a MSII case are three LEDs. Those LEDs are also outputs. They're supposed to be reconfigurable, and reassign able....only you gotta figure out how to do that yourself.

Again what seems like a simple solution, and another email to DIY where they could email you back a supplemental schematic and set of instructions, nets another couple of wasted days waiting on an answer from their tech department. And nothing.

Out of frustration I call them.

Matt Cramer is one of the lead techs working there...He must also be involved in some way with the company as well.
I get passed to him and he gets on the line. Tells me that what I want to do with the LEDs is doable, but I've got my ecu wired wrong in order to be able to do it. Superficially tells me that I have to change this wire ( JS10) , to that wire, (JS0) and then goes silent......like he's waiting for me to say thanks, and hang up.

Which is what I do...thinking that I should be able to find some instance of somebody documenting this change to the wiring schematic. So I start searching...............There is nothing out there.....No instance if anybody doing anything like I want to do........EVER!

Enter Steve....

Remember the cartoon where some guys driving a old car...it breaks down on the side of the road, he opens the hood, starts throwing crap out from under the hood, shuts the hood gets in, starts the car, and drive off?

That's what Steve did to my ECU.

He gets on the phone, tells me to change this, turn this off, turn this on, disable that,.........and start the car.

So I do.........and it starts, and runs.

But.......
He has me changing stuff that don't make no sense. Signal wires that are supposed to essential to the engine running with my particular ignition system are now turned off....in effect thrown out from under my hood.

Other things like a tach output turned off.....also laying on the road next to the car now....

But, but.......Don't I need these things Steve?....

Who am I to question his madness? It runs. I should be grateful, and just move on....

But,..but...What happens when you stop being a Mustang guy Steve, and start dicking with Spaceships?...

What'll I tell that weiner at DIY then?.... "Uhhh I don't know what I got,..some guy just threw a bunch of junk out of my ecu on the ground and now it runs"?;)

Reactions: 5 users
I think the problem with Matt Cramer is he's tooooo familiar with it.

"Hey Mike, how do I tie my shoes?"
" Duh, make a bow knot."

While this is a correct answer, it lacks the detail and the reason to help an uniformed person understand something that already makes sense to an informed person.

It's hard to figure out for people who aren't intimately immersed in everything DIYAutotune related, like us. Why was the board so easy to build? There were clear instructions. Past that, UR FUQD.

* Sigh*

Considering that this thread was two pages back, one might be tempted to think I haven't been doing anything.

Nothing could be farther from the truth....I've probably spent 30+ hours trying to figure out how to get what I want to happen with my ecu.

I want the damn thing to turn on my cooling fan,...AND my water pump....separately.
What at first seemed like a simple matter of enabling a couple of circuits has turned into a series of "What The Hells".

When I built the thing, I chose to not use an IAC to control my idle. I use a simple solenoid that opens and closes to allow more air into the intake when the engine is cold. That " controlled vacuum leak" allows the engine to run a little faster until it reaches operating temp.

Doing that frees up the IAC circuit. Doing that, frees up two seperate outputs that allows you to control other things.

For the " anti-Megasquirt" crowd...here's another instance of a example of how frustrating this thing can be.

For the first 16 hours spent dicking with thing, and three emails sent to DIY Autotune over the subsequent three following days...the tech at DIY determines that I have a defect.

DURRRRRR.

On the end of a MSII case are three LEDs. Those LEDs are also outputs. They're supposed to be reconfigurable, and reassign able....only you gotta figure out how to do that yourself.

Again what seems like a simple solution, and another email to DIY where they could email you back a supplemental schematic and set of instructions, nets another couple of wasted days waiting on an answer from their tech department. And nothing.

Matt Cramer is one of the lead techs working there...He must also be involved in some way with the company as well.
I get passed to him and he gets on the line. Tells me that what I want to do with the LEDs is doable, but I've got my ecu wired wrong in order to be able to do it. Superficially tells me that I have to change this wire ( JS10) , to that wire, (JS0) and then goes silent......like he's waiting for me to say thanks, and hang up.

Which is what I do...thinking that I should be able to find some instance of somebody documenting this change to the wiring schematic. So I start searching...............There is nothing out there.....No instance if anybody doing anything like I want to do........EVER!

Enter Steve....

Remember the cartoon where some guys driving a old car...it breaks down on the side of the road, he opens the hood, starts throwing crap out from under the hood, shuts the hood gets in, starts the car, and drive off?

He gets on the phone, tells me to change this, turn this off, turn this on, disable that,.........and start the car.

But.......
He has me changing stuff that don't make no sense. Signal wires that are supposed to essential to the engine running with my particular ignition system are now turned off....in effect thrown out from under my hood.

Other things like a tach output turned off.....also laying on the road next to the car now....

Who am I to question his madness? It runs. I should be grateful, and just move on....

But,..but...What happens when you stop being a Mustang guy Steve, and start dicking with Spaceships?...

What'll I tell that weiner at DIY then?.... "Uhhh I don't know what I got,..some guy just threw a bunch of junk out of my ecu on the ground and now it runs"?;)
Soooooo......is everything now functioning like you want???

* Sigh*

DURRRRRR.

Enter Steve....

But.......

:D i just cut the fat so to speak. Your tach is fed from the edis module... so no need for the ecu to send a tach signal.. i bet there isnt even a wire attached to tachout on the board.
Diy says js10 can't be used as the output... he must have misspoken as i got a reply from him saying to use js10... the manual that goes with the hardware says you can..... With a tfi distributor you would build a small circuit designed to fire the tfi and use js10 to control it. Js10 has no ign circuit built in to fire a coil.... but the edis just needs a saw (spark angle word) to advance the timing js10 can do that on it's own.
Now the only issue I see us the d14 output, it's acting funny.... but j0 us not usable as pt7 is damaged. (This is fixable but requires replacing U4 on the daughterboard) you could attempt it but the components on the daughterboard are very small and hard to get at.
I have an email in to Cramer waiting on a reply.... :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah bla talky talk talk....... you know your in deep when your talking in numericals... my wife was thoroughly confused at our conversation.:O_o:

Reactions: 3 users
Success!!!:banana::banana:

I now have a recirculating water system that in the garage gets to 195, and then promptly cools back down the about 180.

After much frustration,..and again saved by the ever vigilant Steve @a91what ...this is what you see when looking at my Tunerstudio software today:
20171018_175801.jpg

How freakin perfect is this?

I think I'll go out and drink a beer to celebrate.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.