Fox 1983 Ford shop manual

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I have been looking for a shop manual for my 1983 GLX convertible... Seems as if everything I see is a supplement or ford had about 6 different manuals for this car.. Looking for a basic manual and an electrical supplement....
Would anyone have any pics of what manual they would recommend??
I did see a 650 Page clymer that looked interesting, but the factory manuals have always been the best from what I remember....
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the electrical and vacuum manual. Pretty cheap. Just be warned, Ford wasn't as complete in these early EVTM's as they were by the early 90's and beyond. The later ones are MUCH better.

If you want the whole shebang...

These 3 links will give you all you'll ever need! The main book in the 1st link is the Powertrain manual. Should cover motor/trans/rearend. The other 2 books in that link are an added bonus. The 2nd link covers the entire body and chassis, front to back and some basic wiring diagrams. The 3rd link gives you the factory wiring diagram, which is absolutely invaluable! It covers every circuit in the car. Everything you need for $80!
I've owned factory shop manuals and wiring diagrams for every car I've ever built. They're a Godsend!

1983 Mustang factory shop manual set

1983 Mustang body/chassis/electrical

1983 Mustang factory wiring diagram

Reactions: 1 user
These 3 links will give you all you'll ever need! The main book in the 1st link is the Powertrain manual. Should cover motor/trans/rearend. The other 2 books in that link are an added bonus. The 2nd link covers the entire body and chassis, front to back and some basic wiring diagrams. The 3rd link gives you the factory wiring diagram, which is absolutely invaluable! It covers every circuit in the car. Everything you need for $80!
I've owned factory shop manuals and wiring diagrams for every car I've ever built. They're a Godsend!

1983 Mustang factory shop manual set

1983 Mustang body/chassis/electrical

1983 Mustang factory wiring diagram
Thank you..... Since I am installing a new explorer motor, a TKX 5speed and a 9" rear end, wondering if the drivetrain set would do me much good... ??

thanks 5L5......
Would you think a master parts catalog would be a good thing?? Found one for $150.... Worth it??

Unsure. I’d really need to dig through it and determine if it contains a lot of useful info.

When I was doing my engine over I bought a few manuals and promptly returned them after seeing the info they lacked…

Unsure. I’d really need to dig through it and determine if it contains a lot of useful info.

When I was doing my engine over I bought a few manuals and promptly returned them after seeing the info they lacked…
Yes, wish I could look throught it too..... I have seen these with other brands and they usually have blown up schematics ( like what the parts guys use, er used to use) Pretty handy for figuring stuff for where it goes and what the part or hardware looks like.....
I purchased the wiring vacuum book you put a link to.... The fold out wiring manual I already had....