2003 gt question

99redcamaro

Aug 4, 2003
my brother got a 2003 gt 5 speed and he's planning to install and intake, slp exhaust, x pipe, and a Diablo chip. how many hp's and torque increase would he see at the rear wheels. also it would be possible to hit 13.7 at the track with stock 3.27 gears and stock tires ???

• Sponsors (?)

99redcamaro said:
my brother got a 2003 gt 5 speed and he's planning to install and intake, slp exhaust, x pipe, and a Diablo chip. how many hp's and torque increase would he see at the rear wheels. also it would be possible to hit 13.7 at the track with stock 3.27 gears and stock tires ???

intake (I'm assuming you mean cold air intake) = nothing
SLP catback and o/r x = 10 rwhp
chip = 5 rwhp (maybe)

So...assuming a base of 230 rwhp, that gives him 245 rwhp. It should be enough to get him to 13.7 with stock gears and tires, assuming track/weather conditions are perfect, and he can drive well.

99redcamaro said:

I'd say probably 20-25 hp max. He should be able to hit 13.7 with practice.

99redcamaro said:

Something tells me this guy is worried that his bro is gonna kick his arse.

99redcamaro said:

Take the money he would spend on the chip and by some LT headers.

I got great results with mine.

See sig for mods.

Matt