347 Stroker and Trick Flow Top End Kit

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi, guys, I was searching for a previous post, because I am ordering my stroker kit on thursday... payday! I believe a guy with really good advice... something with gt in the name.. anyways he recommended using a kit with certain size rods, and I can't find the post.. Anyways, I just want to let you guys know what kit I am looking at just to make sure I order the right one... Thanks a lot guys... right now, I'm looking at mustangs unlimited... K it's a probe industries street fighter 347 stroker kit, it's 849.99, and includes cast steel crankshaft, srs forged flat top pistons w/ piston rings, cnc beam forged 5140 rods... (is that the right rod length that was recommended) I think that's right?, moly rings, cl77 bearings, the specs. are 4.030 bore, stroke 3.4, rod length is 5.315, compression 10.47 @ 58 cc, 10.10 @ 61cc, and 9.75 @64cc. Is this a good kit, should I go for it?? I intend on getting the machine shop to do the minimum but recommended and I want to do what I can myself. Can someone explain a bit about the process, I don't know much about the machining, I know I have to get it bored, and something about the deck, how does the balancing work exactly, after I assemble what I can, do I bring it back to get it balanced, any info about this would be awesome.. my dad is helping me with this build... but I kinda want to know a bit more about the process at the machine shop before dropping stuff off, I kinda want to know what I'm talking about.. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you trust your machine shop, let them do ALL the shorblock work.
Yes it will cost more, but you only want to do this one.
Have them balance, blue print, tank, deck, the works.

I know by me, cost is $1200 for that work, not including parts.

Blueprinting is something any good machine shop should do. It is simply a matter of checking their work.

If you are set on the Trickflow kit, get the Track Heat Intake kit, and ditch the TFS camshaft and go for a custom camshaft.

hey i was just wondering how that trick flow top end kit worked out for you? Ive been looking into building a 347 and topping it off with a trick flow top end head combo kit.

The kit works very well on a 331 or 347, while I can make more power putting a different combo together it will cost a lot more.

The TFS kit on a 8.5:1 331 made 340RWHP for a customer of mine... (compression was low since he planned to turbo in the future)

Ok would you reccomend using a stock block for a setup like this? Ive had a .030 over 302 production block in my closet for several years. I just want a nice running street car with more hp than the stock 225 hp 5.0 thats in it now. I figured id start with the stroker and maybe add a 50 or 100 shot of nitrous in a few years

Ok would you reccomend using a stock block for a setup like this? Ive had a .030 over 302 production block in my closet for several years. I just want a nice running street car with more hp than the stock 225 hp 5.0 thats in it now. I figured id start with the stroker and maybe add a 50 or 100 shot of nitrous in a few years

It will be fine with the stock block, just make sure the tune is good with the N2O ;)

Do your best to research all of the cost involved with buying the kit and getting the machine work and assembly (unless you are going to assemble). You may find that buying a short block from one of the top vendors is a bargain.