5-lug bolts, and misc pieces.

JustA5.0

May 12, 2007
Toronto, ON
Now before someone directs me to check out mjobbit's site, please read my thread.

I have been acquiring used parts here and there for my 5-lug conversion, and either don't have or have badly rusted attachment hardware. I've sent a couple emails to Breeze Automotive asking what I need, unfortunately without response. I'm using 1995 sn95 spindles and axles, with 99-04 GT front, and GT/V6 rear calipers for the conversion.

For the rear I need caliper to bracket plate bolts, and bracket plate thru the dust shield, to axle bolts. Upfront I'm looking for new, caliper to spindle attachment bolts. I have read that the spindle to caliper bolts (M12) can also be used for mounting the rear calipers to the bracket plate.
I believe 8 of these bolts and this bolt kit will work, am I right? They are a lot cheaper than Ford dealer or 50resto sells for.

Other stuff I still need.
- Rear banjo bolts. Are the M10x1.5 coarse or M10x1.0 fine thread needed for 94-98 GT/V6 rear calipers?
- Stock prop valve plug. Can I use MMs Eliminator Kit? Is it virtually the same as the FRPP M2450-A plug?
- I believe I have everything else covered on mjobbit's site, but did you guys need any misc bolts/washers etc... not listed on his site? Could you also explain what and where it was needed.

I'll be doing the conversion weekend/driveway style, so don't want to run into 'oops need this stupid bolt and the hardware store is closed' situations.

Thanks for helping me complete this long anticipated mod.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not metric. I wanna say 3/8-24, but not sure. It's coarse threaded though. I can only suggest taking a caliper to home depot and running some bolts in there.

As for the prop valve, the MM eliminator will work well, but you will also need to buy the adjustable prop valve as well

Unsure on the bolts...i can't see them. I went to the junkyard and took 8 off wrecked V6 Mustangs there

Thanks Mustang 5L5

I found a banjo bolt in a set of scrap 94 calipers in my garage. According to my electronic measuring caliper, the diameter is .393" (= 10mm) and not 3/8" (.375") contradicting your thoughts. However, Breeze also carries 3/8-24x1" banjo bolts and the description says for Mustang rear hose (vague, doesn't say what years). The banjo bolt I pulled measures roughly 27.2mm, and the Breeze one = 25.4mm. I will have to wait for my good calipers and soft lines to be shipped, to see if my banjo bolt is the correct one. Who knows, could be for some other Ford, but it does thread into the scrap caliper.

The bolts look like these.
product1_423.jpg

Breeze's description - OEM Ford 12mm flanged caliper bolt to attach calipers to SN-95 front spindles and IRS knuckles. 2 requried per caliper to spindle.
These will work for mounting the rear calipers to the bracket plate, correct?

product1_299.jpg

You'll need this kit if you have purchased a new Ford Racing 8.8" solid axle. Includes 8 each Grade 8 bolts and grade L9 all metal locknuts.
Sounds right, but wasn't sure as I'm not installing a new 'Ford Racing' axle.

Thought of something else. The clips to hold the M2809A ebrake cables to the calipers, anyone know if they are identical to the clips used on a 94-04?

Thanks Mustang 5L5

I found a banjo bolt in a set of scrap 94 calipers in my garage. According to my electronic measuring caliper, the diameter is .393" (= 10mm) and not 3/8" (.375") contradicting your thoughts. However, Breeze also carries 3/8-24x1" banjo bolts and the description says for Mustang rear hose (vague, doesn't say what years). The banjo bolt I pulled measures roughly 27.2mm, and the Breeze one = 25.4mm. I will have to wait for my good calipers and soft lines to be shipped, to see if my banjo bolt is the correct one. Who knows, could be for some other Ford, but it does thread into the scrap caliper.

The bolts look like these.
product1_423.jpg

Breeze's description - OEM Ford 12mm flanged caliper bolt to attach calipers to SN-95 front spindles and IRS knuckles. 2 requried per caliper to spindle.
These will work for mounting the rear calipers to the bracket plate, correct?

product1_299.jpg

You'll need this kit if you have purchased a new Ford Racing 8.8" solid axle. Includes 8 each Grade 8 bolts and grade L9 all metal locknuts.
Sounds right, but wasn't sure as I'm not installing a new 'Ford Racing' axle.

Thought of something else. The clips to hold the M2809A ebrake cables to the calipers, anyone know if they are identical to the clips used on a 94-04?

Yes, the clips are the same...just simple E-clips. I got some at home depot but ford will have them too. Make sure you get the bracket that holds the cable away from the tire as well...comes on any 94+ Sn95

the banjo bolts may be 10mm, it's been some time since i've had to buy some.

The caliper bolts are the same front and rear, so if the kit says it works up front, it will work out back too

your gonna need the rear hard lines of a 94-98 vehicle. i know this becuase i'm in the middle of doing my 5 lug.

you can cut and flare your lines but the fittings for the calipers are 7/16 and most places don't have that fitting.

i took the hard lines off of 95 and the bracket that mounts upwards by the right upper control arm. i then shaved it down a little to fit inside hanger flange for the exhaust. then you unbolt the brake line that connects to the body above the pumpkin and bend it over to reach the new spot at the right hanger/flange for the exhuast. the threads were perfect match (thank god)

all i need to do know is drill the holes for the calipers brackets into the shock plate on the 8.8 and fig out how to hook up the parking brake cables (which i hear are a PITA)

your gonna need the rear hard lines of a 94-98 vehicle. i know this becuase i'm in the middle of doing my 5 lug.

you can cut and flare your lines but the fittings for the calipers are 7/16 and most places don't have that fitting.
I ordered these adapters from 50resto. According to the brake upgrade pages and 50restos description, I believe they should be correct for that purpose. If not, I'm gonna have to rethink things, as SN95 stangs are a rarity in the boneyards. Not to mention the odd V6 that winds up would probably have fairly rusted lines from our winters.

I ordered these adapters from 50resto. According to the brake upgrade pages and 50restos description, I believe they should be correct for that purpose. If not, I'm gonna have to rethink things, as SN95 stangs are a rarity in the boneyards. Not to mention the odd V6 that winds up would probably have fairly rusted lines from our winters.

oh, i never saw that a 50resto, down here in tx 94-98 are a dime a dozen, so i picked up the hardline for 20 bucks. i hate cutting and flaring, it seems like the hole is always off centered. lol