69 4v Heads

KamiKaziDK

May 16, 2005
Mesa, Az
Are these any good? Guy locally is selling a pair for $250 obo, or would it cost too much for me to get hardened seats and new springs as opposed to just porting the extra set of E7s I have laying around :shrug: I always have the 65 I could put them on too

• Sponsors (?)

They used to be the ONLY "performance" head you could get for a small block Ford. Thanks to this NEW car that came out in '79 and got a little popular in the 80's (Fox Mustang, for those in Rio Linda, Ca. Lol!) there are a million better heads out there. I would think that any of the Explorer GT40 heads would SMOKE a 69/70 Windsor head. They cost about the same as those you are being offered for $250, also.

Unless you are doing a "points" restoration on a 69/70 Mustang or you are a Ford parts "collector", I would just find a pair of the GT40's from an Explorer.

My opinion.

:nice: that's what I was kinda thinkin, but every once in a while you get blown away with info on stuff you didn't know before so I was kickin out there making sure I didn't pass up some great deal. thanks guys