Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i wasn't "Dave-like". I've been scrambling this afternoon. After the yard i had to get to the liquor store before i picked my daughter up from play practice (priorities:shrug:).

I couldn't get into the trunk of the car, i must have disconnected a necessary ground or something. There are no keys to it's present lock.

So, what did i get? I got the door panels, mirrors and trim from one of them (the other had a rivet and i was running out of daylight). I also got the trim off of the rear window except for the lower piece that i need to have the trunk open for.

I'll show a picture of the haul tomorrow, but here's a couple of the door panels so you can see the issues i have to deal with, they are so freaking GROSS! And one of the rear glass sans the moulding.
IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

Here's one of how the interior looks now.
IMG_2427.JPG
My bad Dave..

Good haul though-be outta pieces to fix/paint soon

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Will be interesting to see how well those panels clean up
I'm going to try wetting down the backing board thoroughly, then place them in the paint booth with a heavy board on them during a bake cycle to see if this will help them straighten out.

I'll need to do your elastic thing on the driver's pocket, huh?

They are so disgusting right now though Mike. I'll introduce them to harsh chemicals tomorrow to, if not kill the living organisms in them, at least devastate their life choice in my panels.

Reactions: 1 user
I disassembled the panel this morning. I used a die grinder to cut off the dew wipe staples.
IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG

I'm going to need to replace the vinyl trim on the carpet piece, the padding behind the vinyl and I'll try to dig up new chrome trim too.

I'll go to Lowes to get a replacement backing board. I'm soaking the old one in water right now and will lay it flat in the booth during a bake cycle with a board on top so I can use it for a pattern.

Reactions: 2 users
Another little thing, the wrinkled chrome strip comes off and leaves the moulding behind. I just used a razor to slice along the sides of the moulding. Those strips are melted together with the vinyl and padding on the rear.
IMG_2439.JPG
IMG_2440.JPG

Prob not. I think I was 4 years old when he told it :)
Baahaahaahaa! He was a stand up comedian before his movie carrier. He told a kid he had a joke he could tell his friends.
So, a bear is taking a dump in the woods when a bunny comes by. The bear asks the bunny if he has any trouble with sht sticking to his fur when he takes a dump. The rabbit says no. So the bear picks the bunny up and wipes his butt with him.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.