89 engine into 95 car

bboylobo

May 4, 2005
Lancaster PA
there is a mustang that im trying to buy that is an 89. it has all the upgrads including the 373 gear ratio aftermarket pullys nitrous and all of other stuff. can all that be put into my 95 mustang. i have a 95 mustang with a 3.8L engine and i want the power from the 89 with the 95 look. what do you all think

• Sponsors (?)

bboylobo said:
there is a mustang that im trying to buy that is an 89. it has all the upgrads including the 373 gear ratio aftermarket pullys nitrous and all of other stuff. can all that be put into my 95 mustang. i have a 95 mustang with a 3.8L engine and i want the power from the 89 with the 95 look. what do you all think

Yes you can put all of that into your '95, it's no different than a normal 95 3.8 to 5.0 swap. Keep the Fox throttle body configuarion, I've heard it's better than the SN TB, and use the 89 computer if you can, but need to check if you need the PIH adapter harness like the 94\95 5.0s use to run a Fox computer.

Also - you might have some clearance issues. The accessory drive package (a/c, alt, water pump, etc.) on the 95 V8's was about 1.3" more compact (closer to the engine) than the accessory package in the 89 model. You might have some fan to radiator clearance issues. I also think the intake manifold was different (the 45 degree throttle body position) in order to clear the lower hoodline of the 95 compared to the 89.