Forced Induction 93 Cobra Vortech Injectors...

So I've been piecing together a 6 psi vortech kit on my 93 cobra and I'm getting ready to start tuning it with Moates quarterhorse to eliminate the FMU. My question is in regards to the injectors and MAF. I dont feel like I'm ever going to go further then 6 psi on the cobra so should I stick with the 24lb injectors and have my ProM calibrated for the 24's or go to 36lb injectors?
Also when submitting to pro m for the re-cal do I consider the QH a "stock" or tuned system since it's a piggyback?

Attachments

• 20190722_190644.jpg
    20190722_190644.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Sponsors (?)

If you can tune yourself, what not try the 24's first? You can always bump the fuel pressure a few lbs and get more out of the 24's if needed. I know this may not be the advice that many would give but I have some experience here myself.

I shall mention I was advised not to go the route I did but I stubbornly tried it anyway.

In my case I had the entry level 6psi V3sci kit. I've changed pulleys and I'm getting 10psi now. I'm running 30lb SVO 4 hole injectors that cam from T-bird Super Coupe, or Coupes that is since they are 6 bangers.

Anyway the 30lb injectors are getting my 400hp at the rear wheel with AF ratio steady in the mid 11's. The injectors are maxed and my fuel pressure is set a few lbs above stock.

I know it's not the usual way things are done but the setup is performing fantastic overall for me.

If you stay with 6psi like you say, the 24's might do it, but I suppose it might also depend on other mods you have. Again, bump the FP up a little if you need to. It's working great for me.

30's are dirt cheap these days.. you can usually find them + a maf for cheap, just go that route instead of wasting your time with maxing out your injectors and possibly hurting the motor due to lack of fuel. Also make sure you run a bigger in tank pump.

I'm using a walbro 255 and getting over 500rwhp.

The MAF doesn't need to be "calibrated" being the QH will be doing it for you. Whoever is doing the base tune can make it work/go from there.

However i'd seriously suggest upgrading size.. why not? And i'd bet you're running a 9 lb pulley within a month haha. Enjoy it.