94/95 Cobra MAF

TomCat

Apr 19, 2005
Utah
So if I have a 94/95 Cobra MAF, can I just swap out the sensors with my stock one calibrated for 19#? Or am I kind forced to bump up to the 24#s it's calibrated for?
Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-95 Cobra MAF isn't "calibrated" for any particular injector. The GT and Cobra shared the same MAF in 94-95 and the calibration was done within the EEC. You should be able to just swap your current one with the Cobra one you have, and keep the 19lb injectors as far as I know.

To be very clear, don't swap the sensor into any other housing, as that could lead to some issues.

Good luck.

So if I have a 94/95 Cobra MAF, can I just swap out the sensors with my stock one calibrated for 19#? Or am I kind forced to bump up to the 24#s it's calibrated for?
Thanks in advance!

No one uses the search function. This topic was beaten up throughly two days ago under the heading of 70 MM MAF or 94-95 Ford or Mustang MAF.

Calibrating the MAF to match the injector size only applies the aftermarket MAFs. All Ford MAFs are calibrated to the computer. The computer's programming matches the injector size to the engine. Us a stock Ford MAF and then use a Tweecer or other tuner to alter the computer's program to use a different injector size.

The 94/95 Ford Mustangs all used the same MAF. Check to see if the part number matches F2VF-12B579-A2A. If it does it is a 1 for 1 swap . You can continue to use the 19lb injectors you are currently running. Evidently the –A1A, -A2A, AA, etc. on the end of the part number is a minor variant that did not change the operating specs. You should be able to ignore it and have everything work good.

You need a flange adapter to fit the stock slip on air ducting that goes to the air box. Wiring plugs right in with no changes.metal flange adapter See http://www.kustomz.com/cat3.html. Buy the TR70 for $44.95, or do a search and you will find a cheaper one onebay.

The 94-95 Cobra MAF isn't "calibrated" for any particular injector. The GT and Cobra shared the same MAF in 94-95 and the calibration was done within the EEC. You should be able to just swap your current one with the Cobra one you have, and keep the 19lb injectors as far as I know.

+1

OEM meters are not calibrated to injector sizes. This is done in the EEC.

Calibrated meters is an aftermarket method of "tricking" the computer by reducing airflow. If possible, try to burn a chip to calibrate for injectors