94+ Gauge Cluster in 5.0? Anyone try this?

dls322

Apr 4, 2005
Mt. Penn, PA
I was just looking over my options to upgrade my gauge cluster. Did anyone ever put in a newer gauge cluster from a 94+ into their 87-93? I think that would look pretty cool, but the wiring and fitment might be a nightmare. If you have any pics they would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

A local guy put the cluster from a 2003 in his 93, along with the complete modular drivetrain swap. It just has a couple of spots at the top corners that need to be filled with plastic or something, and of course the wiring nightmare. He has some pics of it, I'll look for them. His screen name is modular93fox and I know he has stuff on www.modularfox.com

Found a couple of pics in the picture gallery on modular fox.com

425x319.aspx

425x319.aspx

dls322 said:
I was just looking over my options to upgrade my gauge cluster. Did anyone ever put in a newer gauge cluster from a 94+ into their 87-93? I think that would look pretty cool, but the wiring and fitment might be a nightmare. If you have any pics they would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Potential issues....

I believe the sn95 Mustang used a different oil pressure sending unit than the Fox bodies. It seems that the voltage outputs were not scaled the same. Easy to correct though, just run an sn95 sending unit.

I am not sure what the impact would be on the speedo cable :shrug:

That is all I can think of right now... Assuming the output voltages of the other dash sensors are scaled the same.

It should work,
but I think it may look better if you incorporated some of the sn95 gauge bezel into the Fox gauge bezel.
The rounded edges of the sn95 gauge panel doesn't really match up with the square edges of the Fox bezel.

jason