95 gt gearing

• Sponsors (?)

Well since you might already have 3:27 gears a change to 3:55 would not be worth the cost IMHO. 4:10 would be my choice for best performance and 3:73 for best all around. But I'm biased as I've had both.

i have a 95 gt it is an auto with shift kit i just want to no what would be the best all around gers for my car 355s or 373s thankx

I have the 3.73 and that's what I'd recommend. My stock rear end was a 2.73 so that increased torque multiplication to the wheels by a whopping 36%, and the car accelerates much faster in each gear. The 1/4 mile ET/trap speed are only slightly improved because the higher torque multiplication is offset by a lower top speed in each of the rev-limited gears, forcing you to upshift at lower speeds.

My friend with a 95GT has the 4.10's with auto. He still has it. I had my 95 GT auto with 3.73's at the same time. He would beat me off the line, but he would soon run out of gear up toward 50-60MPH and I would pass him. I would go 3.73 for best all around. My other buddy had a 2.73 in a 94 GT auto. I would kill him, but he would pass me at about 80-90MPH like I was standing still. It is quite funny how different all the gears really are.