95 gt not charging please help

gilstrap95

Jan 7, 2010
So car has new battery, and alternator. I can turn the switch on and the warning lamp does not come on. I pulled the instrument cluster out and the bulb seems to be OK and the 510 resistor is passing. I traced the wires and couldn't find any bad spots. The car just stopped charging. I have also had problems with the trip and odom. not turning and the gas hand and temp hands sometimes go crazy. I'm thinking it is the cluster board bad but before i spend more money on it I thought I would ask you guys and girls. Any Ideas?
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a little confused. You turn the key to ACC position, and nothing happens? Does the fuel pump turn on, radio, anything? Is the car turning over/starting up properly? I may have misread the first post, sorry if I did! :nice:

Check at the alt's I terminal for 12V. If the light or resistor are functioning, you will not see 12V there (it'll be more like 2-4V).

If you need to do a quick work-around, you can tap into the I circuit and run a wire to a switched accessory source. Put a 500 Ohm resistor in-series in the wire you run.

Of course, remember for any of your other testing, you need the cluster installed for the I circuit to function.

Good luck.