95 gt questions

03v6pony

May 17, 2006
Hi I am new to the forum here and i have a question or two...or 5

I have a 95 gt with flowmasters,mac headers,and a bbk cai.I am looking for a cobra intake for it.After i have the cobra intake,which cam is the best?

I have been told of two to get...the TrickFlow Stage 1 and the FR E303 cam...which one should i choose?

Also what other cheap bolt on mods would get this thing running good?

• Sponsors (?)

do you have an automatic or stick shift??? if you have a stick shift, i would personnally go for the e303 cam....but if you going to install a cam you might as well do heads, you can get a set of cast iron gt40 for around $300 on ebay these add about 25 horsepower....underdrivepulleys, to help release tension and from the stock pulleys, adds about 10 horsepower....gears either 3:73 or 4:10's, help give rear end torque, 4:10 if you do mainly highway driving and 3:73 mainly street driving.....i would get a short throw shift, means just like it sounds shorter shifting to response......depending on where you live maybe, smog pump delete, it'll free up weight and alittle hp....bigger injectors, maybe 24lbs with a mass air meter colaborated for 24lbs injectors....and bigger throttle body, maybe a 70-75mm....mabe a heat intake spacer atleast 1/2" helps keep the air cool when mixing with the fuel which mean more hp....other then that i would say that enough for right now....:D

well we are buying nitrous but were getting the car running first....but if you could find me some gt40 heads for $300 i would greatly appreciate it because i cant seem to find any that cheap anywhere

MI95Cobra said:
do you have an automatic or stick shift??? if you have a stick shift, i would personnally go for the e303 cam....but if you going to install a cam you might as well do heads, you can get a set of cast iron gt40 for around $300 on ebay these add about 25 horsepower....underdrivepulleys, to help release tension and from the stock pulleys, adds about 10 horsepower....gears either 3:73 or 4:10's, help give rear end torque, 4:10 if you do mainly highway driving and 3:73 mainly street driving.....i would get a short throw shift, means just like it sounds shorter shifting to response......depending on where you live maybe, smog pump delete, it'll free up weight and alittle hp....bigger injectors, maybe 24lbs with a mass air meter colaborated for 24lbs injectors....and bigger throttle body, maybe a 70-75mm....mabe a heat intake spacer atleast 1/2" helps keep the air cool when mixing with the fuel which mean more hp....other then that i would say that enough for right now....:D

I think he meant 4:10's for mainly city driving and 3:73's for city driving.

:worthlesb
mid pipe would be my next step before the intake. then gears. then a Heads/cam/intake swap. there are better intakes out there, look into a professional products intakes, they are cheap. check around the classifieds for parts, you can find good deals there. as far as your cam question, if your going with a nitrous setup, i would go with the TFS 1 cam. but i would follow that up with TFS heads too