Adjusting Headlights?

well, the other day, I noticed my headlights really weren't lighting up that much of the roadway... so, I figured it was time for some HID bulbs... so I got them... great bulbs, much brighter, but I still can't see that much, and my light is more off to the right than center...

-how can I adjust the display area of my headlights? is this even possible? (without buying new lenses... which I might just cave and get some cobra headlights anyway from a local junkyard or something...)

-tips/tricks anyone???

• Sponsors (?)

yes it is possible.

those little bolt/screw thingys that go into the back of your head light, turn those, one will adjust it up and down and one will adjust it side to side. you need a very very small socket. (i forget what size it is)

viperos said:
k... sounds simple enough :D right? anyway... what would a pair of cobra lenses go for either new or a junkyard?
I dont think you're gonna find a set of cobra headlamps at a junkyard. Mustang parts usually get picked up pretty fast. You can find a lot of good places to buy some headlamps on ebay. I got mine from www.50resto.com . Have fun installing them too. :nice:

I used a 4mm socket... the allen was just for a little handle. I installed new headlights and corners and they were aimed too low when I was done. So I put like 6" strips of black tape on the garage wall for a reference to where they were pointing and then adjusted and drove a few times until I got them adjusted to where I liked them.