Aftermarket Sound System

2007_Crown_Vic

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,
I have an older Alpine aftermarket CD player that came with my 1990 GT still running factory speakers (I think). Does anyone have a good CD player and speaker setup they are happy with? I realise the sound is never going to be amazing unless more major upgrades are done. I was just wondering if there are some CD player and speaker setups that work well in these.

• Sponsors (?)

Check out Crutchfield. They have a lot of units that will work. I put in a pretty basic Kenwood unit a few years back and it has Bluetooth hands free for the phone and a USB input for MP3s as well as a Cd player. Also upgraded the speakers with some that fit right in the factory positions without any cutting. Maybe $130 for the head unit and $60 bucks a pair for the speakers. You can do okay without breaking the bank. Crutchfield for the win because they give you the wire harness adapters and clear tailored directions too. Mechanically and electrical its not that hard to do. Just changing the 30 year old speakers will help, the paper and foam surrounds do dry out. Search this and other forums lots of information about Mustang audio solutions.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the Crutchfield suggestion. I just went through their selection process and a new head unit with 6 new speakers is $500 with free delivery. I can see speakers in the dash and back by the seats, just not sure if I actually have speakers in the doors. If there isn't would the wires be there?

Should have speakers in the doors. Reddevil91 just put some speakers in his car with only a head unit powering them so he will have some real world advice on this setup. Go here and it starts on Post #1603

Also, we have the Mustang Sound and Shine All section so there might be some good info in there.