Air bag light going crazy!

Okay so I have a 2003 ford mustang with a 3.8L, automatic, convertible top. The air bag light will stay on and stay off depending on what it wants to do that day, some times it will flash a code. But when I count the flashes I keep getting 28. Anybody have any suggestions? And I dont have any communication to the airbag module from what I've seen via scan tool.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay so I have a 2003 ford mustang with a 3.8L, automatic, convertible top. The air bag light will stay on and stay off depending on what it wants to do that day, some times it will flash a code. But when I count the flashes I keep getting 28. Anybody have any suggestions? And I dont have any communication to the airbag module from what I've seen via scan tool.
What scan tool are you using?

There's a pinpoint test "P" in the Ford service manual dealing with no communication. Basically confirming powers and grounds to the cluster and RCM. Plus verifying the +5 volt control voltage.

PINPOINT TEST P: NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE

NOTE:
Most faults are due to connector and/or wiring concerns. Carry out a thorough Inspection and Verification before proceeding with the Pinpoint Test.

Last edited: