Electrical Alarm/beeping sound coming from here, when starting

stangbaba

Jul 22, 2008
So, whenever I turn the key to start the car, I get an alarm, it sounds like an alarm clock, that beeps 3 beeps in a row, in succession, 5 times, and then it stops. Once in a while, it’ll randomly do it once or twice, after the car has been started for a while. I thought it was my aftermarket stereo, but I took that out of the car/equation, and it still does it.

From what I can tell, its coming from inside the dash, from whatever that “blue box” is. I have a video that I made for a mechanic friend of mine, if you guys want to hear it. It is ONLY when the key is in the 2nd position, or the car is running, never in the accessory position.

8E3D2A26-7B13-46DC-B645-A84FAC21C764.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine helped me out, seems like it’s the airbag module, warning that there is an issue.

Have any of you dealt with that module, and if so, what did you do?

usually the capacitors in the airbag module go bad..it can be repaired sometimes..do a search and learn how the airbag system works before touching anything

Reactions: 1 user
Mine does this also but my clock spring is toast. It eventually stops beeping after a bit but my air bag light is always on. Its quite annoying but I guess they do not make a replacement clock spring for the 93.

My airbag light is on and when the beeping happens I believe the lamp flashes on and off. When the beeping stops the light is just on. But as I said, my clock spring is not working, no steering wheel controls or horn so I assume that is my issue. Anyone know if just pulling the beeper off and taking the bulb out has any ill effects to the car? I would like to get my horn working again some day though.

As a follow up, I replaced the bulb, that wasn’t it, and I can’t find the shorting connector to clear the code. It’s not under the glove box, and it’s not near the airbag module.

anyone have any options for me? I barely drive the car, so I’m not even worried about the airbag working honestly.

As a follow up, I replaced the bulb, that wasn’t it, and I can’t find the shorting connector to clear the code. It’s not under the glove box, and it’s not near the airbag module.

anyone have any options for me? I barely drive the car, so I’m not even worried about the airbag working honestly.
Is it flashing any Codes by chance?

I had the same problem. I disconnected the blue box in the pic to make it stop beeping but it made my airbag light come one. So I opened the blue box and there is a little speaker thing making the beeping noise. I simply broke it off and plug the box in. No more airbag light and no more beeping noise.

Reactions: 1 user