any guesses on power #'s from my new Dart 347

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
Well guy's my car has been down since late last year and Im only a few short weeks from getting my new motor. RNH Performance ( rick91gt ) is building the engine. It will be a (NA) Dart 8.2 block, 3.25 crank, 5.4 rods, 4.125 bore forged bottom end with box stock TFS TW heads,9.5:1 compression, Eddy Victor EFI 5.0 intake, 1.7 RR, and custom cam. Im not sure of the cam specs yet but I think it will be over .600 lift and will be a NA grind. The rest of the parts are carry overs from my last motor and may not be a perfect fit for now, but they are parts that I dont have to buy over. 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 42lb inj. MSD ign & dist. SCT chip. The tune will most likely be done on a Mustang Dyno. Rick said my shift points will most likely be below 6500 rpms so as to keep the car fun on the street. I was hoping for that middle of the road steet/strip motor and it sounds like he nailed it. Ok I know this is just bench racing but that is all I have right now. Even after the car is running I still have to put a bar in it to run at the track. Im hoping for aorund 350rwhp and Im not sure of where or what the torque will be like. In a couple of years this motor will see boost, so that why the comp. is where it is. So what do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

It really depends on a lot, your real cam specs, accessories...

A very ballpark figure of 380rwhp.

Your carry over parts look just fine:nice:

I like the 3.25" stroke:)

Kinda similar to my combo. Both have 347's just different ways of getting there. Rick built mine as well :)

Is that victor matched to the heads? Its not a bolt on and go manifold. It usually needs port matching and milling. I'm running twisted wedge heads, tfs R manifold, custom FTI cam. I was very specific with FTI about what I wanted. I wanted an over 6,500 rpm shift point and I got it. My compression is 11:1.

I'll guess around 375rwhp. That compression will hurt ya n/a but you have boost comming :D