apprentice in the making

01Steeda

May 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
Well since I seem to keep tearing my car up and it stays at my tuners shop anyway lol. I have worked out a deal where on my days off I get to help out and be taught some stuff. I am very excited. I have had some book knowledge of cars for a long time ,but never the tools or experience to work on them myself.

I went by and helped on a cobra gear swap today.. tricky but not as hard as I had imagined. I will prolly start out with silly crap (oil changes and gopher boy) but I think it will be fun. Hell I usually dont do much on my days off anyway sense everyone else is working. ( I have thursday, friday and Saturday off) this gives me 2 days a week over there helping out, paying for my expenses with work and still gives me a day off a week.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, if you remeber a week ago i shredded a belt. well in the process I unknowingly knocked the oil return form the S-trim into the crank pulley. It ate a hole in the line in short order. I pulled over about 2 miles down the road to get gas and checked on the belt while i was there. I saw oil everywhere!!! I fixed the line where it sat and replaced almost 2 quarts of oil. didnt think it hurt it, but it looks like it hurt it enough to snoball to a bad bearing.

It is an oil damaged bearing. not bad enough to replace everything though, so i got lucky in that respect. some new bearings and some reconditioning and it'll be back on the road. :nice:

Holy crap that would be sweet.

My freind used to buy parts from a guy at a local 4x4 shop. He came in enough and talked to the guy enough that he offered him a very part time job, as in when no one else could work. So he did that, and now hes bumped up to working there full time. He has a very sick Z71 on his hands now.

I dont plan on making it a career. I have a very well paying job with nothing but the oppurtunity to promote. I could well be in the 70k range next couple years. I just want to learn and spend my free time turning some wrench's. Oh and pay for my hobby lol