Average gas mileage

I average about 22 mpg with my '01 GT, and 18 mpg with my '66 i6. (I always drive the '66 "enthusiastically" :D ) I drive most of the time in the city and about a 1/4 on the highways..

Since you don't drive fast... maybe you should get your engine checked out... like a full tune up.
Are your tires bald? Do you drive in the city all of the time? Is your emergency brake on? There are way too many variables for us to figure out the problem, unless you become more specific.

Hope you figure it out :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Let's see... completely stock car. Service your car every 3000 miles. Drive the speed limit. Accelerate like you have a few newborn babies holding baby penguins in the car.... It's not too hard. 22 is probably high... more like 20-19, and half of the time spent cruising on highways. Sorry for the exaggeration. :shrug: But that is for going to work and back.. When having fun... gas mileage is not considered.

Have you tried calling around for insurance? I work at Farmers Insurance and unless you've got something on your record that you aren't proud of it shouldn't cost that much... I am looking at a 1997 Mustang and my insurance is only about $150... (16 year old female who totaled her last car)

my 99 cobra got 28.2 mpg.on highway no stop with 327 gears,,no ****,,75mph all the way..my wifes got a 99 v-6 and i get more than hers????she gets 190 per.tank.highway and city .i can go 250 miles and still have over 1/4 tank left..

I get right around 20MPG stock. I just installed CAI, and it supposedlys increases my fuel economy, so I'm looking forward to my 21, maybe 22mpg.

Also, anyone who buys anything over 87 octane for a V6 is wasting money. In fact, if its cold out, your car is likely to not start since it has a lower compression ratio than that of cars that require those octanes.

I thought when i bought my mustang i would get descent gas mileage, but it turns out since i've had it the best i've gotten is 22 mpg and i've gotten a low of 11. I wonder where the gas goes??? :shrug: I haven't had any check engine light ever come on either...