Axle fluid???

I climbed under my 1983 50 Gt to check the rear end fluid - no drain plug!!!
It is a 7.5 with 3.08 gear, but I looked everywhere for the drain/fill plug. According to the Chilton Manual it should be on the driver's side of the differential case. I have a "bump" cast where it should be, but no plug. Any suggestions on how to check / fill the axle? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

There is no drain plug. You drain them by removing the rear cover.

To check and fill it there is a plug (probably covered in gunk). Should be right where the manual says it is. Use a 3/8" drive and extension to loosen it. No socket needed.

I found it!!!! You guys were right - the fill plug was totally filled with that undercoating / rustproofing gunk. I needed to pick it out with a small screwdriver before I could fit the 3/8 drive into the hole. Thanks!!
P.S. - I used a big 30 cc plunger syringe and oxygen tubing that I "found" at the hospital to suck out most of the gear lube, and then pumped in clean Redline Full Synthic.

I like the Aluminum Girdles for the rear for the Drain and Fill Plugs. To make it easier on stock, you can also fill throught the Axle Vent on the P/S Axle Tube.