Best way to deal with paint chips

amoril

Dec 31, 2005
So after owning the car for one month I'm now the happy owner of 3 small paint chips on my passenger door.

I'm thinking either let the dealer fix it or get some touch up paint and do it myself. What have you guys done or recommend? It would be great if it could look perfect like it did before, but since it's white primer under the black paint I would be happy to just get the white primer covered up again, even if it's not perfect.

Thanks for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same issues and will be trying some touch up paint. The bad thing for me was driving to work this morning and got a rock chip in the windshield. Now i either have to have it filled or a new windshield.

My insurance will buy the windshield but i have had 2 others in the last 2 years ( when i buy a car that is pitted my agent tells me to get a new one) but now i worry rates might go up

I ended up getting the touchup paint as well. No where near as good as the original paint coat, but at least the chips are covered and no white primer is showing thru. Looks good from afar, but close up you can tell.

Hopefully it'll be awhile before I get any more...

Re: Paint Chips

Washing the car yesterday revealed that the tiny paint chips are multiplying rapidly!

Frankly I'm disappointed in the ability of this paint formula to resist small stones and debris ....

Does anyone think that it would do any good to ask Ford for a retouch?

shooterm1 said:
Washing the car yesterday revealed that the tiny paint chips are multiplying rapidly!

Frankly I'm disappointed in the ability of this paint formula to resist small stones and debris ....

Does anyone think that it would do any good to ask Ford for a retouch?
not unless you can peel off a good chunk, bigger than normal rock chips.