Birthday Present?

BStevens

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2001
Grand Rapids, MI
So I've had my 88 LX hatch since I was 18. 6 weeks after owning it someone ran me off the road and it basically turned into a garage wreck. About 1.5 years ago my father and I started putting it back together. The entire front end is brand new, we put a new rear end in it, a new tranny, and a new motor.

I put together an 89 GT with those parts from the original car, and wish I never would of. But I came home Saturday morning for my birthday get together with my family and my girlfriend. And there she was all done sitting in the back, my baby. Finally done after all the hard work. My dad decided he would have it finished for my birthday. About $2,500 later, new paint work, and a new Cervini 2.5" Cowl hood. She was done. Tell me what ya think!

IMG_1293.sized.jpg

IMG_1294.sized.jpg

IMG_1296.sized.jpg

I just wanted to convey thanks to everyone on Stangnet. I've been on here for a while, but my dad is rather new. And I know he used this site for a lot of the odds and ends that he couldn't figure out. I appreciate it guys. Thanks for making my 23rd birthday better than I ever could have imagined.

Brandon L. Stevens

• Sponsors (?)

Aliate X said:
wow that looks good. what did it look like when you were hit?

It had driver side frame damage... that was pushed in about a foot and a half. fenders were shot, front bumper was shot, window needed replacement, the cowl itself needed replacement, needed a hood. nothing from the doors back though. it was a work in progress. luckily i have some really talented friends in body work :)

Your very lucky to have a dad like that,thats very cool,One suggestion.Car looks alittle high and maybe you should lower alittle.Wicked car though man who ever painted that thing is awsome

purple87lx said:
Your very lucky to have a dad like that,thats very cool,One suggestion.Car looks alittle high and maybe you should lower alittle.Wicked car though man who ever painted that thing is awsome

someday i will... i still have some things to work on before i start throwings new parts on it. wanna make sure i get everything running perfect before i do that stuff. but i do plan on lowering it for sure :)

wht93gtEd said:
hey man...awesome car!! looks real nice!!

also, btw, I noticed that you're from Grand Rapids...and that's where Free Beer & Hotwings are from.

You ever listen to them...they're funny as hell!!!

yeah WKLQ is a good station. well sort of, im not big into radio. i'm more into metal, and most stations wont suffice for me :)