bought supercharger-have questions

I8avtec

Jun 20, 2009
If anyone could give me some info i would appreciate it... I just bought a used bd-11 on ebay for my 5.0, and I hardly know anything about superchargers.
The kit I'm getting isn't complete. It has the brackets, head unit, belt. It needs the "down pipe" (I think it's called..goes from the charger to the intake) needs air filter, and I believe I need a fmu.
My 91 5.0 has the following mods that would pertain; BBK 190 in tank fuel pump, electric fan(any clearance issues?) 94-95 130 amp alt(shaved a bracket to make fit), bbk equal length shortys, 24# injectors with calibrated 75 mil proflo mass air, 70 mil bbk tb, performer rpm I upper and lower intake, performer heads, custom ground iske cam for boost, underdrive pulleys, 3 core rad..
I'm running a totally stock bottom end and all ac is still hooked up. Stock balancer. Im running stock ignition too with no chip or mods to the computer and I'm on a budget.
Ok, my questions are;
-do I need a fmu for sure and whats the cheapest way to get one
-whats the best and least expensive way to get that tb intake pipe (who makes and or sells them?), and blow off valve if I need one..(Im planning on running 8-9 psi)
-am I ok running 9psi with my heads?(my compression is around 9to1)
-Are 24# injectors and 190 lph fuel pump ok for that boost level?
-would I really benefit from a boost controler?
-where can I get a copy of the install instructions?powerdyne site doesnt have them.
I would REALLY appreciate any info from someone that knows about this stuff..

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, my questions are;
-do I need a fmu for sure and whats the cheapest way to get one.I'd recommend a chip. If you want to get a fmu, try superchargersonline.com
-whats the best and least expensive way to get that tb intake pipe (who makes and or sells them?), and blow off valve if I need one..(Im planning on running 8-9 psi) You do not need a blowoff valve. I'd prob get the UPR boostmaster pipe myself.
-am I ok running 9psi with my heads?(my compression is around 9to1) Should be.
-Are 24# injectors and 190 lph fuel pump ok for that boost level?Are you running a fmu, or a chip?
-would I really benefit from a boost controler? A boost controller is for a turbo, not a supercharger.
-where can I get a copy of the install instructions?powerdyne site doesnt have them. Good question. Should be somewhat similar to a vortech. I'd email powerdyne, or take a look at their 96-98 explorer manual.
I would REALLY appreciate any info from someone that knows about this stuff..

Awesome advice..Thanks! Yeah I sound pretty sc ignorant huh! So if I understand what you're saying, I would be better off running a chip instead of fmu, but if I dont run an fmu I have to get bigger injectors? I really want to stay away from having to change them out right now.
Thanks!

Supercharger

I recently installed a Paxton 1220sl on my 5.0 and here are my suggetsions:
1. If you are going to use the car as a driver and not just on the track, the FMU will probably be best
2. Get an ignition retard
3. Use a bypass, mostly for drivability but also takes strain off the blower
4. Your fuel pump will probably be ok, a 255 would be better
5. Finally, get a dyno tune for performance and to make sure there is no detonation