Brake size diffrences

• Sponsors (?)

JoeTrev said:
Does anyone know the brake size of a 2002 stang? Im trying to compare mine with a new one in order to determine if i should keep my old rims thx :)

Well, why are you worried about the brakes? Your current wheels have a different offset than that required for the '05. They will look like they were ordered from a cheap catalog...

Wheels

I wouldnt be too quick to get rid of the rims you have, the difference in offset is not that great(less than 1"). I should have my 05 sometime this coming week and will be mounting Mach 1 wheels to test my theory. I will be certain to post results including driving/handling impressions and wheel fitment, lock to lock clearance etc. :nice:

05 GT legend lime #2157
01 F350 4x4 V10 crew
91 Explorer(wont die)
81 f150 dirt truck
70 Shelby Cobra :hail2:
65 Comet A/FX
91 Dodge shadow short track car :shrug:
61 F100 swb unibody(for sale)

right now ive got +12 offset on my rims, ive got them the biggest size they come in(18x9.5). Ive also still got the factory brakes on the car and the rims make them look pretty pathetic, but they new larger size should look pretty sweet then, plus they are ultra light. The ones i have are the FN01-RC's heres the link to them for the rest of us non-ricers :) http://www.5zigenusa.com/