break light stuck on

well my break light on my cluster has been stuck on for the past week. i think that when i pulled the e break after i parked it at my friends house it got messed up. i cheaked everything and it does not seem to be having trouble breaking and the breakes are not stuck.

• Sponsors (?)

I think there's a switch on the e brake handle that turns the brake light on to remind you that the parking brake is set. The switch may have gone bad, or just gotten out of adjustment. Pop the console and have a look.

Take a look at the fluid.. it might be low.. it did this to me last month.. the brakes were braking fine and everything.. but the fluid was low.. :)

Oh and for the ebrake switch, it is a the base of the ebrake, you will have to remove the console to look at it..

I have been having the same thing happen to me. It is a little annoying, especially at night. My instrument panel dosen't always come on, so having that one single light on is a little distracting. It happened after I had the e-brake handle pulled up, and accidently bumped it while removing the back seat. I guess removing the light bulb for the brake light itself is the best way to solve the problem? Anyone agree? Or just cut the wire from the sensor under the e-brake handle assembly?

90mustang4cyl said:
I have been having the same thing happen to me. It is a little annoying, especially at night. My instrument panel dosen't always come on, so having that one single light on is a little distracting. It happened after I had the e-brake handle pulled up, and accidently bumped it while removing the back seat. I guess removing the light bulb for the brake light itself is the best way to solve the problem? Anyone agree? Or just cut the wire from the sensor under the e-brake handle assembly?
No.. i wouldnt do either, I would figure out what the problem is and fix it, Did you check your brake fluid?

Dr.