Check Egnine Light won't turn off

• Sponsors (?)

I finally did get everything connected & SOTP readings show great gains, especially hooked up to the CAI. Thanks for all the help 1990. If I have to wait 15 minutes w/ the negative disconnected I'm gonna have to wait till I get off work @ 10 tonight.

i can't wait to get my Accufab 75mm TB and C & L MAF :)

and from what i've heard, you just gotta re-set the cars computer by disconnecting the battery for a bit..then everything should be just fine :)

Check Engine light should still not have come on. Take the car to Autozone and have the codes scanned for free. Given the type of mod, my best guess is there is an air leak someplace that is allowing some unmetered air into the engine. That would prompt some Bank 1 Too Lean and Bank 2 Too Lean codes.

Aaron 4.6 said:
Check Engine light should still not have come on. Take the car to Autozone and have the codes scanned for free. Given the type of mod, my best guess is there is an air leak someplace that is allowing some unmetered air into the engine. That would prompt some Bank 1 Too Lean and Bank 2 Too Lean codes.
:stupid:

It happend to me too and im wondering why i took it to autozone and it read "idle air control overspeed error" mine the rpms will hang at 1500 then drop to idle too... sorry to jack this thread but im wondering if someone else had this problem

It turned on in the 1st place cuz I didn't connect 1 of the sensors correctly. I did connect it right later & leave the battery disconnected for about 20 seconds but the light's still on. I guess I'll disconnect it again when I get home & make sure all bolts are tight & reconnect & see what happens.

When you disconnect it the 2nd time, press the brake pedal to drain any juice out of the system and leave the neg. lead off for at least 15 minutes to make sure its dead. Of course if you have the codes scanned you will know what they are AND they can clear them for you.

I'll try to do w/out Autozone tonight & if the light's persistent I'll check them out in the morning. I've had my light on before. When I connected my CAI over a yr ago I forgot to connect the MAF sensor (always a sensor w/ me) & the CE light came on & I figured out what I did wrong, fixed it, disconnected the battery for a short time, & the light went away. We'll see. I do like being able to burn rubber all the way through 2nd gear.

downsouthman1 said:
I'll try to do w/out Autozone tonight & if the light's persistent I'll check them out in the morning. I've had my light on before. When I connected my CAI over a yr ago I forgot to connect the MAF sensor (always a sensor w/ me) & the CE light came on & I figured out what I did wrong, fixed it, disconnected the battery for a short time, & the light went away. We'll see. I do like being able to burn rubber all the way through 2nd gear.

Glad to see you got your mods mounted. How was the removel of the TPS? Any problems?

Yes the TPS was heck to remove. I tried to whole 'standing on the plenum while connected to the TB' deal, but to no avail. I used a quarter of a can of WD-40 trying to remove those. I tried a Phillips screwdriver, then a ratchet w/ a Phillips bit. All to no avail. & then guess what I figured out? I was turning the wrong way. I suceeded only in making my job of removing the screws harder. So I took a small hammer that I have and, since I was slowly stripping the screws, smaked the edge of both screws over 10 times increasing in force each time. Then I put my knee on the assembly, used my wratchet w/ Phillips bit, sprayed more WD-40, & turned as hard as I could knowing that this was a last resort. Sk. Other screw. Sk. Then I let go w/ a sigh of relief. Whew. I loosed them & other than a serious HP & TQ boost the only other thing I have to show for the job is a yellow Service Engine Soon light.