cobra IIs are rare they

• Sponsors (?)

dmoody said:
I'm guessing they are rarer than say a 65-68 GT Mustang but really nobody knows. The only thing we know for sure is that this segment of Mustangs continues to dwindle in numbers.

d
thats forsure a dealership in my city has one for 7 grand but its been there for a while i have always been a fan of the cobra II

55ranchwagon said:
you must have ended up with it

Nope, but if it's the 78 with the custom paint at Super Sports and Imports, it's a consignment, and has been there off and on for over 3 years. Grossly overpriced, needs everything to be "nice". I believe the last time anybody I know asked about it, the rear louvers had been stolen off it.

As for rarity, total Cobra II production was around 45,000 units, in a Mustang II run of 1.1 million, so they weren't super common even when new, but are more likely to have survived than the "average" non-specialty II.

Also, there are a lot more IIs out there that people "call" Cobra's, that aren't. I see cars for sale advertised as Cobra IIs all the time. I guess some people think as long as it's a fastback with a spoiler, it must be a Cobra.

THE COBRAMAN said:
Nope, but if it's the 78 with the custom paint at Super Sports and Imports, it's a consignment, and has been there off and on for over 3 years. Grossly overpriced, needs everything to be "nice". I believe the last time anybody I know asked about it, the rear louvers had been stolen off it.

As for rarity, total Cobra II production was around 45,000 units, in a Mustang II run of 1.1 million, so they weren't super common even when new, but are more likely to have survived than the "average" non-specialty II.
I seen it on southside a few times, super sports is crooked, i almost got a 55 fairlane from them, they would never give me any information about the car.
my friends cousin has a 77 limegreen t top cobra II, pretty beasty.