cobra "R" wheels

manny

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
hello to every one out there, my question is, does any one out there know of any one or have any pics of a mustang2 with the 87-93 cobra r wheels on them? i'm thinking of putting the 17x8 up front and the 17x9 out back. i'm open to all of your thoughts for n against. thanks in advance:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Mine are 95 Cobra R wheels. From what I've seen the 17x8s have the same offset as mine +12 so there may be control arm contact issues you'll have to deal with. The 17x9s show a +24 offset which would probably contact the rear inner fender without big spacers.

Img_0378.jpg

Img_0381.jpg

Do you mean these 17" wheels?

Attachments

• Img_0378.jpg
    Img_0378.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 66
  • Img_0381.jpg
    Img_0381.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 58
Blue Thunder,

Holy Geeze! Your car looks great!

That tears it...mine is going to lose the vinyl 1/2 roof and go all dark and sinister. ;)

I've got the 15x7 Enkei mesh wheels with black centers and polished lips, so it should sit a bit closer to the ground, but that's apropriate as I'll be doing more of a road course thing.

Great job! And I like the cowl hood too.

yes, those are the one's that i mean. the only difference is that i will be retaining the 4 lug pattern. jeffnoel did you use any type of wheel spacers with yours? it looks like blue thunder has used some type of adapter on his wheels. blue thunder what size tires are you using? the other type of mod that i would like to is to radius the wheel wells, there just to small of a diameter for me, also my car has the lowering blocks from racerwalsh and cut springs up front and the same style hood as blue thunder.:nice:

Yes, I used spacers and the 3" long race wheel studs to backspace the 17s correctly. I also narrowed my upper control arms for clearance to increase steering travel. (It will turn tighter now than it did with the stock wheels and uppers)
The tires on the front are 245/45zr17s, and the back are 275/40zr17s.

If you check out my car domain link in my sig, you can see how I made the wheels fit.