Coil Spring Spreader

• Sponsors (?)

Grabbed this screenshot from the Autozone website...they're 16 bucks. Use them to go the spring to put the rubber spacer in.
Screenshot_2017-07-13-13-16-52.png

For the rear I've never used a spreader though. Usually just take the shock loose on that side and jack the car up. The spring will spread enough to force a spacer in it ( usually )

Grabbed this screenshot from the Autozone website...they're 16 bucks. Use them to go the spring to put the rubber spacer in.
Screenshot_2017-07-13-13-16-52.png

For the rear I've never used a spreader though. Usually just take the shock loose on that side and jack the car up. The spring will spread enough to force a spacer in it ( usually )
Thanks I tried those.Problem is, even with car jacked up there's not enough clearance to put them in. I have Only about 3/4" space between coils.

If you unbolt the shock and quad shock, would lowering the rear down help expand it enough, or is the issue the relaxed state of the spring still leaves to tight of a gap?

I'd porbably remove the spring, and just use a wedge to expand the coil, install the spacer, and then remove the wedge.

Thanks Mike. It appears there is no difference between relaxed state of the spring OR when the total weight of the car is on it .I tried a log splitting wedge But it wasn't thick enough.Hate to buy that $50.00 tool in the OP for a one time use:bang:

Guess the Cobra is set up different than the " run of the mill " fox body. That thing is sweet though. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user