Easiest way to take off emblems?

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
Anyone know what the easiest way to take off the emblems on a mustang is? Like the ones on the fender. I've looked at a diagram but it seems like you have to take off the whole fender just to take off the emblem. Anyone know an easy way of doin it?

• Sponsors (?)

brtnstrns said:
Anyone know what the easiest way to take off the emblems on a mustang is? Like the ones on the fender. I've looked at a diagram but it seems like you have to take off the whole fender just to take off the emblem. Anyone know an easy way of doin it?

I just use a fine screwdriver and a couple of plastic spreaders to pry against. If you're careful, they can be pulled off with zero paint damage.

Frank

I'm not worried about the paint since i'm getting a new paintjob anyway. I've got all the emblems figured out except one...Since I have a '66 its got that chrome "air-intake" looking thing on the side, and thats the one I can't figure out how to get off. Didn't seem to to pry off at all when I tried it.

brtnstrns said:
I'm not worried about the paint since i'm getting a new paintjob anyway. I've got all the emblems figured out except one...Since I have a '66 its got that chrome "air-intake" looking thing on the side, and thats the one I can't figure out how to get off. Didn't seem to to pry off at all when I tried it.

The front fender emblems come right off by prying with a small screw driver. The chrome ornaments behind the door are held on with nuts. You have to remove the back seat and side panels to get to them. You'll also have to roll the window up and down to different positions to get to each nut... Its really pretty easy.