finally got her back together! lots of pics. 56k warning

damn cenok that thing looks sick!! looking forward to some more pics when you get the chance :nice: (i wouldn't mind hearing about your cuz's camaro either :D)

Chris

hah they've got 4 of them actually. the 69 SS has a 468bbc with a tremec 3550 and a ford 9", the 67 rs/ss with the blue door has a holley fuel injected 383 stroker with all scat forged internals, AFR 205's, a cam (don't remember the specs but something like .6xx lift), tremec 3550 and a ford 9", not pictured is a finished 67 rs/ss with pretty much the exact same motor, tranny and rear, and last they have a numbers matching piece of rusted metal...i mean 67 drop top camaro with a stock 327. lots of work left on that one. also there's a 71 chevelle that's almost as big of a POS as the vert that we're fixin up for a buddy as well. you would have died if you saw the body work on the chevelle. some previous owner GLUED quarter skins OVER the existing ones when they "skinned" the car, and used machine screws to hold the bottoms on. :nonono: after that they proceeded to lay on filler and sanded with what looks to be 2 grit sand paper to "smooth" it out....it was an inch thick where the custom glued quarter skin met the c pillar/roof. yeah, it was bad

Got ya, what size is the building? Sorry for stealing the thread a bit.

it's a 40x90 but a paint booth is being built in the back so it was extended an extra 30 (iirc)

how much $$ you got in that bad boy?

in the entire car or just the body and paint? umm last time i added up my receipts i believe it was a tad under 11k, should be around 13k now though, after the wheels/tires and paint and such. most of that is on repairing a lot of stuff when i first got it. performance wise, maybe around $2500 including all my suspension mods. in the body and paint, about $300ish for primer, $400ish for paint and clear and maybe around $75-100 for other supplies.

I kind of like the look of no gt side effects on it.....maybe its just the beers talking though. :shrug:

you know both my cousins were saying that and it's grown on me a bit too. i bought and painted those cobra sideskirts though so they're going on sometime. i still have my chrome tail pipes to put on too.

• Sponsors (?)

hah they've got 4 of them actually. the 69 SS has a 468bbc with a tremec 3550 and a ford 9", the 67 rs/ss with the blue door has a holley fuel injected 383 stroker with all scat forged internals, AFR 205's, a cam (don't remember the specs but something like .6xx lift), tremec 3550 and a ford 9", not pictured is a finished 67 rs/ss with pretty much the exact same motor, tranny and rear, and last they have a numbers matching piece of rusted metal...i mean 67 drop top camaro with a stock 327. lots of work left on that one. also there's a 71 chevelle that's almost as big of a POS as the vert that we're fixin up for a buddy as well. you would have died if you saw the body work on the chevelle. some previous owner GLUED quarter skins OVER the existing ones when they "skinned" the car, and used machine screws to hold the bottoms on. :nonono: after that they proceeded to lay on filler and sanded with what looks to be 2 grit sand paper to "smooth" it out....it was an inch thick where the custom glued quarter skin met the c pillar/roof. yeah, it was bad

haha, damn man, i'm jealous of all the old school muscle you and your fam have rolling around, and i liked your car alot when it was three diff colors, now i LOVE it panted :D

and that sounds like a real ass-backwards hack that someone did to that chevelle, my first car was a 1972 cutlass and i used to just sit and think about all the owners it must have had and all the random, small stuff that was done to it... for example, at some point in the car's past someone bypassed the variable speed wiper switch and hooked it up to a dinky little blue switch under the dash, it only had one speed-- high, and the wipers would freeze in position wherever you turned the switch off... also there was an old wiper fluid bottle cable-tied to the inner fender and used as an overflow for the radiator...

just random little stuff like that makes you think, but when you consider how long the car has been around it's bound to have had one inbred/hick/ no class previous owner :rlaugh:

sorry for derailing haha...

thanks a lot for the compliment man! makes me feel better about all the time and effort i've put into that money pit. yeah it's nice having all the classic muscle around, but me being the only guy with a ford makes for some interesting conversations, hah.