fox vs. civic on pinks

• Sponsors (?)

Kind of reminds me when doctors put a baboon's heart in a human girl. Well, she lived, right? She's still human, right? I do wonder if her pulse changes arround bananas?

I am suprised the guy in the civic didn't ask to go from a roll.

Both teams sucked - the Honda guys for bringing a fully-race-stripped Civic and claiming it only ran like a 14.8 in the 1/4, and the Mustang guys for being such preposterous macho buttplugs without real names. ("Big Joe" or whatever, and "Asian?" WTF? These are the dorks that should be on the Honda team!).

This episode and the one before it with the two bikes (the "It's not fair!" whine-fest where they had a Re-do of Race 2) were the first two I've ever seen of the show, and I gotta say ... Pinks sucks. Doesn't live up to all the hype I've heard everyone talk up on it. It's basically two oddball machines lined up in front of some bald Billy Corrigan look-alike dork pretending to be a human Sportsman tree, and sandbagging the first two races until they whine ("negotiate") their way into an absurd handicap start that totally skews the race in favor of someone. They could make the show watchable if they would:
1. Ditch the bald geek and use a standard race tree (thereby eliminating all the fuss over unfair starts and "I wasn't ready!" whine-fests);
2. Forget about giving car-length handicap head-starts and just pair up fairly-matched cars;
3. If they insist on using the bald dork for a starting method, at least film the races on an actual highway (closed from traffic, of course) so there's some real-world physics at play. Starting races with a human signal on a race track with a light tree right behind the guy is just plain retarded, frankly.
4. Somebody tell Baldy that he looks constipated when he's hunched over and doing his squishy-faced "point-point-raise-drop" arm gesture bit. Better yet, throw him out and get Big John McCarthy from the UFC to point at each racer and do his "Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it on!" thing. :D

Darkwriter77 said:
Both teams sucked - the Honda guys for bringing a fully-race-stripped Civic and claiming it only ran like a 14.8 in the 1/4, and the Mustang guys for being such preposterous macho buttplugs without real names. ("Big Joe" or whatever, and "Asian?" WTF? These are the dorks that should be on the Honda team!).

This episode and the one before it with the two bikes (the "It's not fair!" whine-fest where they had a Re-do of Race 2) were the first two I've ever seen of the show, and I gotta say ... Pinks sucks. Doesn't live up to all the hype I've heard everyone talk up on it. It's basically two oddball machines lined up in front of some bald Billy Corrigan look-alike dork pretending to be a human Sportsman tree, and sandbagging the first two races until they whine ("negotiate") their way into an absurd handicap start that totally skews the race in favor of someone. They could make the show watchable if they would:
1. Ditch the bald geek and use a standard race tree (thereby eliminating all the fuss over unfair starts and "I wasn't ready!" whine-fests);
2. Forget about giving car-length handicap head-starts and just pair up fairly-matched cars;
3. If they insist on using the bald dork for a starting method, at least film the races on an actual highway (closed from traffic, of course) so there's some real-world physics at play. Starting races with a human signal on a race track with a light tree right behind the guy is just plain retarded, frankly.
4. Somebody tell Baldy that he looks constipated when he's hunched over and doing his squishy-faced "point-point-raise-drop" arm gesture bit. Better yet, throw him out and get Big John McCarthy from the UFC to point at each racer and do his "Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it on!" thing. :D

:rlaugh:

Darkwriter77 said:

Hell yeah, and if they just want to whine take them to the octagon and settle it there!!! The service manager at the shop I used to work at looked and acted just like "baldy".

What I don't like about pinks is that sometimes they totally mismatch the cars. Then someone with a $5K car can use handicaps to win a $50K car. Now if it's heads up, and the 5K car wins, thats one thing, but a dozen car lengths and the other car not allowed to use thier spray??? WTF? Now, negotiating the distance (1/8th, 1/4th) or the use of VHT, or even use of spray, that's one thing.

You don't hear the guys at UFC saying to one opponent "you can't use any punches to the head". What kind of crap is that??? It wouldn't fly, but it does when it comes to wanna-be hard asses that use thier cars to make them feel hard.

hey...i've seen the mustang with the chevy motor....i'ts here in oklahoma city...that is one bad ass car...it didn't really need to spray to woop the civic....
i'm a mustang man through and through but you have to give the car props even with a chevy motor...