Fuse box positive & negative cables?

Tiffanyg50235

Aug 13, 2021
Bastrop TX
I've finally got my fuse box completely rewired for a second time. I'm the one that took it out originally and I remember the pos from the battery and neg from the alt were both on the bolt leading into the box. This doesn't seem right but it's how it was when I purchased the car and it drove and ran just fine. Noting there was nothing between the two. Is this correct for a 2000 3.8 v6?

Attachments

• Message_1625444330799~3.jpg
    Message_1625444330799~3.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)

There is no negative wire from the alternator. The main case grounds through contact with the bracketry that supports it and the negative cable off the battery than connects to the engine. There is a power output wire that is positive voltage and should connect with the battery positive wire as well.

I haven't been under the hood in a 3.8L so i cannot comment on if that is the correct location for the alternator wire

There is no negative wire from the alternator. The main case grounds through contact with the bracketry that supports it and the negative cable off the battery than connects to the engine. There is a power output wire that is positive voltage and should connect with the battery positive wire as well.

I haven't been under the hood in a 3.8L so i cannot comment on if that is the correct location for the alternator wire
Thank you. I had just thought about it possibly being positive instead of neg after i post this thread. I figured it was neg beings the main color is black..

Thank you. I had just thought about it possibly being positive instead of neg after i post this thread. I figured it was neg beings the main color is black..

That’s common in vehicle wiring. Usually the only positive large wire you’ll see is the pos wire off the battery. Alternator positive wires are usually black.