gas?

4.6boy

Jan 17, 2008
i park my stang in a outside parking lot wiht a car cover over it well as u can guess thers about 1in of ice holding the cover on and i cant get inside to start it :nonono: to make thing wrost were its parked the sun only is on it for about 1 hour a dayso how long before gas starts to go bad?

• Sponsors (?)

That depends on a number of factors. For one, it's hard to know how old the gas you just bought actually is. It may be fresh from the refinery, or it may be a month old already by the time you top off your tank. Some gasoline is mixed with better or more oxidation inhibitors than others.

It's a good rule of thumb to avoid leaving gas in your tank or a storage container for more than a coupe of months, if you can avoid it.

if you don't have a power adder I woudn't worry about it. My stang has sat unstarted for over 6 months a pop on 3 different deployments. Just drive nice until it's time to refil the tank.

If you have a power adder you really should have added some fuel stabalizer, but it should be ok for multiple weeks until you can empty the tank and add fresh fuel.