Going to the Thunderbirds!

• Sponsors (?)

USAF91GT said:
Last week I found out that I got selected for a position as a Crew Chief for the USAF Thunderbirds! Will be heading down to Nellis AFB,NV as soon as I leave this godforsaken place.

Thought ya'll should know. I am pretty stoked!

check 'em out here www.airforce.com/thunderbirds

Great job man! Congradulations! It's not an easy gig to get. I hope you're not married though. Might as well change your name to "Mr. TDY" for the next few years. If you're in position by then, I'll see you out my way this July. I'm easy to recognise... I'll be only one wearing a gold badge. :D

From the people who I have known that have been there before, they only worked the "Show Line" for 1 year out of the 3 year tour. I am married, but oh well. She knew what I was gettin into. Shes plenty excited about Vegas anyways, I am sure the slots will keep her busy!

Should be there by the end of October. Still 6 more lousy months here.

USAF91GT said:
Last week I found out that I got selected for a position as a Crew Chief for the USAF Thunderbirds! Will be heading down to Nellis AFB,NV as soon as I leave this godforsaken place.

Thought ya'll should know. I am pretty stoked!

check 'em out here www.airforce.com/thunderbirds

Can you see if Mark Payne is still there with the Thunderchickens?

I served with him in Germany and i worked "uprange" while on active duty (after Germany) at Nellis.

Doing the reserve thing right now on F16's as a crewchief.

Good luck bud!!!! :flag:

USAF91GT said:
Well Ricky50, I didnt see his name on the website, but who knows.

Makos huh? I was in the desert for OIF with some guys from there. Was a rainbow squadron, Makos, Texas, and some others. Dont really remember anyone particularly.

Yep i was in Iraq a few months ago, it was luke, Hill.Homestead, and i believe Carswell.

I work the flightline and can't seem to keep away from it, kind of burned out on aviation.

Still love a good ab run though!!

Let me know how it goes man!!