Has anyone put TST on their cars?

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
I was at the local car wash and they have a TST application which acts like a self proclaimed perminate wax. Has anyone heard of it, used it, had any problems with it. Its almost 400 for the process but its supposed to last for over 5 years...

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

its a paint sealent made of teflon. Seemed to get pretty good reviews from a few places they put it on as an option for new cars at the high end dealerships in town (BMW, Caddies, Audi's). The car wash talked pretty highly of it. My dad actually had it on his caddie and it seemed to work pretty well . He only had it a year or 2 though didn't know of any long term side effeccts...

Be sure to pick up some Slick50 too while you are there :D Sorry but, the people who are telling you all these great things have a vested interest in selling the product to you. Seems you are intent on going with it. I am not going to try and talk you out of it other than to say that if there was a magic wax that could protect your car for 5 years why isn't everyone using it?

rjstaaf said:
Be sure to pick up some Slick50 too while you are there :D Sorry but, the people who are telling you all these great things have a vested interest in selling the product to you. Seems you are intent on going with it. I am not going to try and talk you out of it other than to say that if there was a magic wax that could protect your car for 5 years why isn't everyone using it?

Yup, it is kinda like those fat burners that claim to allow you to magically lose weight. There would be no fat people if that were the case. And in this case there would be no unwaxed cars.

Nah I'm not really intent on doing it just wondering if anyone has done it that had some reviews of it. I personally like giving my car a little TLC every now and then but its nice in the winter to not have to worry about it.