Heater Resistor--1965

padi7777

Jul 6, 2009
Kathleen, Ga
I am trying to track down the wiring for my heater. It is on all the time...and I have no switch....so I believe it is hot wired. SO...I am starting from scratch on the wiring...
When I look at the switch..I notice it hooks into the resistor (as best as I can tell). From what I can ascertain, the resistor is a small block with three or so male plugs sticking out. The switch, I believe, hooks into the resistor (at least the plugs look like they would match). Long story short...where is the resistor installed from the factory? Is it behind the glove box somewhere? I see the wires running from the heater inside the firewall...and lose them from there....Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Be carerful- the early 65 had a two-speed heater, the late 65 had a three-speed. How many wires are there on your heater motor, in the engine compartment?

pic8.jpg

You guys rock. I am gonna head home this evening and jump under my hood. I believe by stang was built in March...but will check to see how many wires I have runnning around. Will let you know what I find. Again, I appreciate your help...

padi7777 here is the pic

It appears I have one black wire and two orange ones...

I'm not sure how the early two speeds are wired, but it would have to be one of these diagrams.

Check to see where the power is going to. Either the motor like the later three speed or more likely to the switch which would make the black wire at the motor the ground.

2SpdFan.jpg