Hello - first post

OLE84

Jul 30, 2023
Stumbled across your forum while looking for some cruise control troubleshooting tips. I’ve found lots of good info here. Great place you have here! I’m sure I’ll have some questions, but maybe I can help some occasionally. I’ve been an owner of two foxbody GT cars (84 convertible and 86 hatchback) for about 30 years. Hello everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok where's the pics??

And welcome to :SN:
IMG_0246.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’ve enjoyed these two cars for a long time. The 86 has the original motor and 5-speed and has been very solid. The only modification has been to MAF, which I feel like was an improvement. I’ve made several changes to the 84, although very stock oriented. After a long run of carbureted performance upgrades, over several years, seemed like I tuned on it more than I drove it. Maybe I was just getting older and lazier, but I elected to focus on making the car more driveable with a conversion to factory fuel injection using a Ford crate motor and a new super duty T-5. The conversion has been very reliable so far. I recently installed a DIYAutoTune MegaSquirt, which seems to work very well. But, other than the computer being tuneable, the 84 has a very stock personality. The cruise control has not worked in a long time, which brought me to the forum when I was searching for troubleshooting tips. Sorry for the long post… but, now you know a little history about my 5.0s. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to the discussions.

Reactions: 1 user