Help Me Fix My Steep Driveway/curb So I Can Get An S550

shahram72

Sep 6, 2015
I would like to buy the 2015 Mustang, but I'm worried it will not go up the driveway. Heck almost all cars today I like are low to the ground, but the Mustang has that extended lip that looks awesome but really worries me. My driveway is sloped, but not too bad and the curb is a no go. The dealer says I can take one home to try, but I don't want to bother till I fix the curb. My other cars and anything I own even if not a mustang will benefit from the curb mod. If this does not work, then I will NOT be getting a mustang. Please, I would like opinions from the pics and also not sure if I should use regular quickcrete. They have fast setting, does that mean I can drive on it in maybe 3 days instead of a week? Geez, I'm a construction major and I don't know this. Actually my knowledge tells me to use regular, put some fiber in it, and wait 7 days. Also some adhesion promotor. Anyway, here are the pics... What do you think? Can I get a Mustang or should I go back to the Honda Accord I was looking at?
20150912_111830.jpg
20150912_111840.jpg
20150912_111830.jpg 20150912_111840.jpg 20150912_111830.jpg

Attachments

• 20150912_111858.jpg
    20150912_111858.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 2,071
  • 20150912_111921.jpg
    20150912_111921.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 895
  • 20150912_111930.jpg
    20150912_111930.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 20150912_111807.jpg
    20150912_111807.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Sponsors (?)

That does not look that bad at all. If you come in at an angle, I don't see how anything could scrape. I say go for a test drive and find out!

I go up a steeper entrance to the mall by where i work. Just take it at an angle, and slow, and all is good.

Reactions: 1 user
I would like to buy the 2015 Mustang, but I'm worried it will not go up the driveway. Heck almost all cars today I like are low to the ground, but the Mustang has that extended lip that looks awesome but really worries me. My driveway is sloped, but not too bad and the curb is a no go. The dealer says I can take one home to try, but I don't want to bother till I fix the curb. My other cars and anything I own even if not a mustang will benefit from the curb mod. If this does not work, then I will NOT be getting a mustang. Please, I would like opinions from the pics and also not sure if I should use regular quickcrete. They have fast setting, does that mean I can drive on it in maybe 3 days instead of a week? Geez, I'm a construction major and I don't know this. Actually my knowledge tells me to use regular, put some fiber in it, and wait 7 days. Also some adhesion promotor. Anyway, here are the pics... What do you think? Can I get a Mustang or should I go back to the Honda Accord I was looking at?
20150912_111830.jpg
20150912_111840.jpg
I see your point. The dip in the curb for water runoff makes the jump up to the driveway pretty significant there. It should be ok though if, like echo7 suggests, you approach slowly at an angle.

So u guys really think I will be ok? I am still going to fill it with concrete. I looked into the bridgeit solution but it's ugly, stands out and somebody could steal it. Not to mention will cost $500 to go the full width! Thanks a lot guys! More opinions please! Anybody have helpful tips for the concrete job? And how do u like my current ride? I really love it and hate to see it go. The stereo in that thing is not going to be able to be duplicated in the Mustang for anything practical.

Yeah, I would test drive one and see before spending any money on fixing something you don't even know if it needs to be fixed. Stock mustangs are not that low. I've only ever scrapped once, and I was being careless on some very curvy mountain roads, trying to turn around.

I am going to fix it anyway because I have another new car and I want to reduce the strain on any new cars I buy. Plus, some of my micro RC cars can't get over the curb and my big ones scrape! Lol! I have a huge RC car collection. Waiting for the Vaterra '15 Mustang to go on sale. That Mustang will scrape for sure!

Tried to post a vid, why can't I?

Once you have the video up on your screen click the share icon it will bring up share on twitter Facebook etc. On the upper right hand corner there is a copy url icon..... then just paste the url right here in this box.

Ok I posted it but it needs moderator approval. Can a moderator please unlock my account? I'm not a spammer. The first posts I made here still don't show up, they were never approved.

As long as you don't lower it you should be alright. If you can get the Camry up there the Mustang will Deff. get up there. They sit 4x4 stance from the factory LOL.

20150912_111830.jpg
20150912_111840.jpg

Doesn't look to bad, I have my car lowered an inch and it does ok (Except at the stores that have those 6" raise parking spot dividers). I would not fill that in because of the drainage issue it might cause. As someone mentioned you could do a cement covered pipe so water can still flow freely.

File too big.
Post on YouTube then copy the url and paste here. Then the video will show

Once you have the video up on your screen click the share icon it will bring up share on twitter Facebook etc. On the upper right hand corner there is a copy url icon..... then just paste the url right here in this box.

If you keep doing dumb things like: Learning to properly use the interface and teaching others to do the same, I will have to make you a mod.

I'm sure that nobody wants that. :nonono:

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, thanks for the help, looks like the video is there, can you see it?

And the street is going downhill by my house, so water will just go around the concrete.

And that's no Camry in the driveway! Look again! That thing was as expensive as a 50th Anniversary when it was new! I still love that car.

You can't just pour a small amount of concrete in the void and expect it to look half decent or last for any period of time... The correct way to remedy this would be to remove the concrete and re pour it with a different contour. The problem with this is you will need permits and township approval as you will be affecting the water runoff and drainage in front of your property. There may be concerns for water collecting and or freezing there as well. Other than the black bridge mat posted earlier, you are asking for a host of trouble to modify the front of the curb line. FWIW, I think you should just test drive the car to see if it works with your driveway.