Help me pick out a shift knob

dave_id

Jun 2, 2006
Mine is falling apart (2000 GT) and I need a new shift knob. Anybody think that the newer GT shift knob will work? It looks pretty decent. If not please suggest something affordable! And no metal, I live in Vegas.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered this one from www.mgwltd.com. I would have gotten the GT model, but you never know when or if I'll upgrade!:D I think it is $44 plus s/h. It feels good and won't get too hot or cold.
gripper-pony.jpg

Attachments

• gripper-pony.jpg
    gripper-pony.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 66
2pc_lrg.gif

This is what I got, with the red. Though, at the time, they offered a running horse engraving.

It screws on as far down as it will go. Then you can back it up so the engraving is facing the right direction and tighten it down with a screw on the side. The screw is then covered by the colored cap that screws down over the top of it. High quality fit and finish. Only problem I had with it was it got loose one day (vibrations I guess, I've had it for 2 years), and it took like an hour of just struggling with it to remove the red ring to get to the screw on the inside. Was in the middle of december, so I imagine the cold might have shrunk it, and the heat from my hands trying to break it loose warmed it up? I have no idea.

And if I was one to complain about heat, I wouldn't have gotten black leather interior. But yeah, it gets hot. Suck it up.

Edit: Oh yeah... uprproducts.com, 50 bucks.

Yeah the new GT one fits. I am also a big fan of that Cobra style 5-sp knob. I have a knob from fatknobs on my GT. It's only two inches, which isn't nearly big enough for my hand. I could use a 2.5". I saw this really nice Cobra piece on ebay though. It had an inset Cobra logo...gorgeous.

2pc_lrg.gif

This is what I got, with the red. Though, at the time, they offered a running horse engraving.

It screws on as far down as it will go. Then you can back it up so the engraving is facing the right direction and tighten it down with a screw on the side. The screw is then covered by the colored cap that screws down over the top of it. High quality fit and finish. Only problem I had with it was it got loose one day (vibrations I guess, I've had it for 2 years), and it took like an hour of just struggling with it to remove the red ring to get to the screw on the inside. Was in the middle of december, so I imagine the cold might have shrunk it, and the heat from my hands trying to break it loose warmed it up? I have no idea.

And if I was one to complain about heat, I wouldn't have gotten black leather interior. But yeah, it gets hot. Suck it up.

Edit: Oh yeah... uprproducts.com, 50 bucks.

I've got a similar shift knob, from Steeda, and I'm thinkin about switchin to the MGW shift knob...

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.shtml

The Steeda knob burns the crap outta my hand in the summer (I actually keep a small towel next to it for really hot days), and it's freezing cold in the winter. Plus I like the way the MGW looks alot better. :nice:

I have an anodized red steeda knob on my Tri-Ax. Has a rubber grip around it, and its a good size to fit in your hand. I really like the look of the MGW one shown above, but felt it in person and I thought it was just way too big.

I have an anodized red steeda knob on my Tri-Ax. Has a rubber grip around it, and its a good size to fit in your hand. I really like the look of the MGW one shown above, but felt it in person and I thought it was just way too big.

i have a MGW knob on mine. it is the $65 one. cant remember what it is called. the wife got it for me for my b-day last year. it looks great and feels even better.

it is silver anodized with a pony on it.

Is it the racing knob I linked to above? I was kinda planning on getting it, but am a little worried about that now, cause my hands are pretty small...