how do prochambers sound on 5.0s

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds badass untill you hear your car with an X pipe....i ran one for about 2 years and got bored with it, then borrowed my buddy's Dr. Gas X and wow....there's no competition. My prochamber is getting cut out and an X is getting put in it's place.

25thmustang said:
I couldnt agree more, thats why the Prochamber was sold, and the car now has an X-pipe!

Funny thing is, if you've ever seen a cross section of the PC, it sort of looks like a BBK X pipe in the middle.....it isn't just a big box....there's kinda like a shallow triangle shape to the sides of it...which is pretty much just like a wide open X.

Prochambers also sound 100% better WITH tailpipes in my opinion....once i started running dumps i hated it.

thanks for the opinions guys!

Ive heard an x-pipe with flowmaster mufflers before, it was the worst sounding mustang Ive ever heard. It sounded like a dying animal of some kind.

Question for all you guys giving the "+1" for x-pipes.....are you talking about chambered mufflers or straight through mufflers?

The h-pipe gives the car a more old school sound with a big block to were the x-pipe gives the car a higher pitch, not quite so big block. x-pipe is a little more ricer in my opinion than the h-pipe due to the higher pitch.

Here is how I look at it....IMO the only thing that a deep exhaust goes on is a truck. I dont want my car to sound like a truck. The X gives it a more raspy sound, gives it more of a high performance sound. Ricer is certainly not the word to describe it. I dont see how greenstang1313 doesnt like the x and flows. I think they sound good. 2 chambers do anyways. Mac Flowpaths sound good with an X too.

greenstang1313 said:
thanks for the opinions guys!

Ive heard an x-pipe with flowmaster mufflers before, it was the worst sounding mustang Ive ever heard. It sounded like a dying animal of some kind.

Question for all you guys giving the "+1" for x-pipes.....are you talking about chambered mufflers or straight through mufflers?

I have long tubes, off road X, and Spintech Pro Street which I believe are chambered. I am a fan of raspy exhaust notes, and this car is extremely raspy now! Sounds almost like a loud 2 chamber down low, but up top it starts to open up and sound more exotic. My goal was to have it sound more 4.6ish, and it does, but will never sound like the right set up on a 4.6!

90bluegt said:
The h-pipe gives the car a more old school sound with a big block to were the x-pipe gives the car a higher pitch, not quite so big block. x-pipe is a little more ricer in my opinion than the h-pipe due to the higher pitch.

:lol::lol::rlaugh::rlaugh: you said it sounds like a ricer....don't you have an X on YOUR car? I must have missed something.