I got me and 05 gt, but i got some "?"

dbrufus1234

Sep 10, 2006
well i got a auto 05 gt yesterday with 12,000 miles on it and everything is in awesome condition, but when i make a sharp turn like pulling out somewhere there a popping noise, but only when i turn sharp, is this normal??

also i was thinking about getting a turner from brenspeed, the one with the C&L intake, it say it comes with three tunes is this 87, 91, 93 tune?? is it very hard switching between tunes, and are you suppost to run a higher octane with the 91 and 93 tunes?

also, it has some light swirl marks on the paint should a polish get them out or it there something better??

and last, on the right side of the shifter there is a little thing rectangle piece that looks like it should pop open or something but i cant figure out what its for??

thanks for all the help

• Sponsors (?)

well i got a auto 05 gt yesterday with 12,000 miles on it and everything is in awesome condition, but when i make a sharp turn like pulling out somewhere there a popping noise, but only when i turn sharp, is this normal??

No, it's not normal. It is a TSB and is fixed by Ford under warranty. Bring it to them and they should fix it.

also i was thinking about getting a turner from brenspeed, the one with the C&L intake, it say it comes with three tunes is this 87, 91, 93 tune?? is it very hard switching between tunes, and are you suppost to run a higher octane with the 91 and 93 tunes?

It plugs in right above your left shin when you have your foot on the clutch. It takes a total of maybe 10 minutes to load in a new tune from the beginning.

also, it has some light swirl marks on the paint should a polish get them out or it there something better??

Polish should be good. Probably needs a good waxing though so you might just want to do that.

and last, on the right side of the shifter there is a little thing rectangle piece that looks like it should pop open or something but i cant figure out what its for??

thanks for all the help

Take a picture. I have no idea what you're talking about. Picture might help us out.

The little plug on the right side of the shifter base is there so you can get it out of park with the battery dead or unhooked. You pop the plug out, stick a small straight blade screwdriver in the hole and press. It will allow the shifter to move bypassing the lockout solenoid.