i want moreeeee =)

i spoke to a few people around the area and they convinced me to with a cobra intake next
i found one from a 93 cobra ... but i just cant seem to figure out whether it'll fit
*from what i noticed i would have to get an adapter but im not sure anyone know for a fact what i need??
*another thing -- the install at my mechanic is over $300 anyone know a cheaper but a good place around NY ??????

dont know exactly about the fitment, but i would really suggest doing it yourself, if you have very basic tools and the slightest knowledge about our cars you could do it for free in an afternoon... just be careful to label vac lines and where they connect (even on the old intake) just to study them once its off and locate where the appropriate lines go on the new one... my buddy and i installed a trick flow track heat intake and 24 lb injectors with maf and t/b on his 90 lx in about 4 hours. while you're in there check the condition of the vac lines back there for signs of cracks because moving them around could push them over the edge if they are old and worn out leading to annoying vaccum leaks:notnice: DO IT UP MAN! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Normally Cam and Heads go together...Intake is a Setup mod normally for buying Heads and Cam in the future...With just an intake you will gain more up top, at least I did with my Cobra...but then again my car is still slow as ****

Green you also have to look at that you have a cobra...so you already have a decent intake and heads...All that was left to really increase your power was bolt ons and the cam. That completed your H/C/I.

I agree about the intake upgrade

A very nice gain when talking ... motor mods.

Actually ... better gain than exhaust ... by a good bit :D

For a stock or close to stock Stang like bolt ons and such

Its the OEM 4 cat mid pipe that is the most restrictive part of
the entire exhaust system.

Headers at that point don't do a lot
and
The catback is a joke when talking about gains .......

Performance that is ;) not sound :)

However before doing an intake ..........
Try and think ahead about what you want long term so you only
buy ONE intake that will work together well that plan.

Grady

I agree about the intake upgrade

A very nice gain when talking ... motor mods.

Actually ... better gain than exhaust ... by a good bit :D

For a stock or close to stock Stang like bolt ons and such

Its the OEM 4 cat mid pipe that is the most restrictive part of
the entire exhaust system.

Headers at that point don't do a lot
and
The catback is a joke when talking about gains .......

Performance that is ;) not sound :)

However before doing an intake ..........
Try and think ahead about what you want long term so you only
buy ONE intake that will work together well that plan.

Grady

x2. I felt a big difference when removing the cats. Cat back is a joke. Pulleys I personally felt no difference and headers I felt no gains. CAI I also felt no gains. The intake was definitely a bottleneck after my H/C though. I put the Trick flow on and it woke up. Gears - going to 3.90's really woke it up. I also had a cam with stock heads (shimmed springs) and it ran quite well and SOUNDED better than with the trick flow heads although I dont know why. :shrug: It sounded real choppy at idle soooo coolll!!!

Oh, for your $$ amount go nitrous.

Here is the thing about juice :D

Say over whatever period of time ...............
You have run through 10 bottles of it at 35 bux a pop

Your still slow as you first started off way back then

Now say you saved the cash over the same period

You then got a custom cam, set of headers, etc
AND
You got what ever you spent on the juice equipment

Put both amounts of money together
and
you're approaching a nice set of Aluminum heads

Grady

True. This would depend on the "I want it now" factor.

Also, if it is going to take you a year or two to save up enough money, well anything can happen in a year or 2 ...kids, other responsibilities..selling the car for some reason and = you missed out on some fun.

Even though you spent the money on the juice if you ran through ten bolltles, you might be in a better financial position down the road and yo ucan still sell the kit for close to your purchase price to have money toward other parts.

Just the other side of Grady's perspective but I can see both arguments. :nice:

True. This would depend on the "I want it now" factor.

Also, if it is going to take you a year or two to save up enough money, well anything can happen in a year or 2 ...kids, other responsibilities..selling the car for some reason and = you missed out on some fun.

Even though you spent the money on the juice if you ran through ten bolltles, you might be in a better financial position down the road and yo ucan still sell the kit for close to your purchase price to have money toward other parts.

Just the other side of Grady's perspective but I can see both arguments. :nice:

I do so very much see how you feel :cheers:

I used to feel the same way ... once upon a time :D

After seeing myself spend my money unwisely to improve performance
on
not one, not two,
but
I lost count on ... how many times I did that :bang:

I discovered the advantages of a thing or two
that has made all the difference for me to accomplish various things

Prioritize
Plan to put that highest priority in place
Discipline myself to see that plan through

Easy to say ... but ... hard to do ;)

I still hose it up from time to time to this very day :rlaugh:

I used to say ... "I wanna be quick" :)
but
I would spend my money on stuff like :(
Wheels
or
Sound Equipment

After a while ... I'd look around and realize .........
I looked and sounded better :nice:
but
Lots of cash was spent ... and I was no quicker :notnice:

anyway .......

I agree with you :nice:
I ALWAYS want it now and I DON'T wanna wait :rlaugh:

Grady

That's the cool thing about the juice. You use it when you have the money. If you are broke, you don't use it. :lol:

To me it's like Rent-a-center, or the Credit Card way of buying performance. It helped me figure out what I wanted down the road. And that was a 12s N/A car that'll dip into the 11's when I want to spend a little extra money. I daily drive my car, and drive it out of state for events. An 11 second car + Rain = :notnice: Not that fun....

Well, as far as the 93 Cobra intake on his SN, it will work, but better off converting to a fox throttle body. This is because the Fox Cobra intakes have the EGR section built in and thus makes the intake tract a bit longer. If you add the elbow adapter for 94/95 cars it will almost, if not make contact with the strut tower. (I know there was someone on here or Corral that did it and it worked, but it looked fugly).

This is why I recommended that typhoon intake setup on Ebay. You get 3 pieces of the puzzle, a much better flowing intake than the stock Cobra intakes, a bigger throttle body and the elbow.

I look at juice in this way. Its like bodybuilding, you can use juice for immediate gains, and short term effects. But, is the long term effect really worth it, compared to the hard work.