Installed an X-pipe junction and the difference is beyond belief

thehueypilot said:
Yikes..........that's why I do everything myself.

Option A was to buy the project car and ship one container with the car and another container with the suspension, engine parts, wheels, tires, brakes, interior, and whatnot to the NL, pay 30% duty on top of the purchase price for these items, and incur at least $750 in shipping for these items, and then try to find space to store both the car and the parts and find time from my often 60 hour weeks to work on the car.

Option B was to have all the parts installed on the car before shipping it over. This way, I pay only the costs of one container and no extra duty on the parts.

I chose Option B in part because the guy said I could trust him. The point I am failing to make with DHearne is that the exhaust job I got was not the exhaust job I was promised and I was routinely overcharged for parts. My complaint is going to be for all of Jeff's monkey shines, not just the exhaust. Regarding the exhaust, I was told I would get an original style exhaust, with flowmaster mufflers and stainless steel tubing that flow straight out the back. INstead, I got aluminized tubing, summit mufflers, and some odd zig-zag tubing. I think I have some ground to complain about the exhaust.

To get back on topic, the X-Pipe is clearly superior to what I had on there and it made a huge difference in terms of low end torque. I can recommend it heartily.

• Sponsors (?)

Jerry i am with you all the way. take that mother ****** to the bank. then after that get your spark plugs and pop his windows out. people like that need to feel the pain of being a wallet draining pest. thats how i am. it is never an eye for an eye with me it an eye for a head. none of us have the money nor the time to get jacked by a** holes like that **** face. you get em jerry.

NasaGT said:
Do you have anything in writing that says it was suppossed to be stainless steel with flows? If you do then you've got him by the balls, otherwise you are in a tough position.

I would like to drop the discussion of what this guy did and what I can do about it and instead laud the benefits of the X-Pipe junction.

Nothing in PA is a 30 minute drive from Summit.

Yes, and X-pipe system will be far better than what you got. What you got isn't very good, but isn't completely horrible either. Looks like the bends will allow for easy tranny removal.

Jeff Bender doesn't sound like a very honest guy. Legally, you wil;l have a hard time getting much, and you will probably have to come here to appear in court. Is this really worth your time?

As for keeping it on topic, you brought up Jeff Bender, not us. You said you were going to were going to be a big pain in his rear, and based on the original info presented, how were we going to come to any different conclusion. Anybody that has even taken Lawyer 101 know you can't make fair judgements in a vacuum.

Hmm for the legal stuff, well good luck. I always buy my own parts, and have a good friend who is a good mechanic. I always help install my parts so I learn how to o things on the car.

As far as the exhaust goes, yes a X-Pipe makes a HUGE difference over the setup you had. It has been proven that a x-pipe or H-pipe as I run, make a difference over a straight out back system. But also it depends on your engine setup on just how much of a difference it will make.

Stangninjak said:
As far as the exhaust goes, yes a X-Pipe makes a HUGE difference over the setup you had. It has been proven that a x-pipe or H-pipe as I run, make a difference over a straight out back system. But also it depends on your engine setup on just how much of a difference it will make.

I had seen an article in Mustang50 magazine where a non-cat X pipe made 10 more hp and 12 more ft lbs of torque over an H-Pipe at 5800 rpm. I don't know how much more it made compared to the dual exhaust but I really noticed the difference. My torque is much more explosive. I was really impressed. Then there is the exhaust note. The X-pipe eliminated this really annoying interior resonance and drone that I noticed with the duals. I am a firm believer in the X over the straight dual exhaust. Now that tech article shows the benefit to the X pipe really doesn't manifest itself until 3500 rpm but that is right where the sweet spot in my power band comes in (and is only 500 rpm more than where my TC is set to stall) so this was a perfect addition for my car.

Hi Jerry. Sorry you got screwed. I think the replies would have been a lot different had you listed the full complaint first, rather than just describe the exhaust issue. I was taken aback by the long list of deceitful actions. I don't think you made a bad decision about how you had your car mod'd, just a mistake on who did the work. People don't realize how dense the population is in Eurabia - the most densly poipulated country in the world, at least at one time recently, by population/Sq mile. Hard to believe by the green belts, but true. I'm sure that storage would have been costly. I'm also sympathetic to your no-time-related issues.

Anyway, this is a lesson to all of us who might have work done by third parties, especially when the installed parts are not easily seen/verified. Good luck with your action.

CornerCarvin67 said:
Where the flick is Eurabia? :)

It is a term that refers to Europe's rapidly becoming "arabized" due to demographics. 20 years from today, the majority of children under 18 here in the NL will be Muslims. Right now, native dutch are the minority in Amsterdam, which is why it is referred to as Amsterdamistan. By the year 2100, Italy, the NL, Belgium, and most likely France, will be muslim majority countries.

Not to beat a dead horse here but -
1. If a person you just met says 'you can trust me', it IS a lie.
2. If someone inserts the word 'honestly' into a sentence, 9 times out of 10, the next phrase will be a lie.

Good Luck to you whatever you decide to do. Sorry to hear about your problem. We've all been screwed over at least once but thankfully, most people in this hobby are honest.