is this the correct fuel pressure regulator?

dochawk

Apr 12, 2023
it's a 1998 GT.

Everything I can find suggests that the regulator should look like an upright canister with a couple of Allen screws holding it to the rail or something nearby.

But this sure looks like it's either welded on or integral, and on it's side:

IMG_1150.jpeg

and if so, how do I replace the stupid thing???

• Sponsors (?)

thanks.

Have a pair of those from trying to do something else (I forget what, but it didn't work). The question is whether or not I can find it!

And apparently I have to order the part; it seems noone in town has one! [in Las Vegas, for crying out loud! But this may be another one of those 98-only parts that it seems to be loaded with.

it seems that amazon has both that one and the rotorcraft, one of which can deliver tomorrow instead of in a week.

oh, and the tell-tale symptom I left out: it pumps fuel to the rail, which dribbles out when you test the valve. Occasionally it starts and runs for a few seconds, dying instantly if you touchtone gas.

It's finally settling into my little brain that that's a housing as part of the fuel rail, and not the regulator itself.
:doh:

is there a trick to rotating it far enough to find the holes on the C-ring?

I unbolted the fuel rail on the other side, too, thinking it might rotate, but the passenger side rail is blocked from coming up by the throttle body. Or do I need to remove, or at least loosen, that too.

the replacement regulator is supposed to come today!

Reactions: 1 user