Its almost 5 PM and I have Washed my car 3 times

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Well i got up this morning and washed my car

went to the mall and there was Bird **** on it when i got out to my car....went home and washed it.

Went to beach for a little mustang get together and my car was all dusty and dirty...went home and washed it

Now it is not leaving the garage.

I know......its kinda obsessive.....:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I have black and do about the same thing you do with washes, but I use the quick detailer more. I recently tried the ICE wax, turtle wax, because you can apply it in direct sunlight. Put it on after the regular mequires, and it seems to bead water better and the car doesn't seem to get as dirty or as many water spots. Might just be me.

My car looks like a crime scene. Its yellow, but the back bumper is black :nonono:

It's getting washed today. Didn't your momma ever tell you you'll wash your paint right off :rolleyes:

I've found it much easier and quicker to wipe the bird **** off where it happened than to wash the whole car. Unless there were a million seagulls hovering around your car, i doubt it was covered that bad. And when it gets dusty and a little dirty, i dust it off and use a damp cloth on the bad areas. No sense in washing the car for those two things.

BTW, my car hasn't been washed in 6 months.:D

McTeague said:
I would never wax a car in direct sunlight, especially a black one...
The turtle wax ice is not a carnuba wax. It's more like a thin oil like substance that you wipe on, let dry and wipe off. It can be applied in direct sunlight, I've done it twice in scorching hot florida sun. The car is so hot that I have to take brakes because it burns my hand.
I'm impressed by this stuff. I just noticed that I had tiny spots of tree sap on it today, took it to the self spray car wash and it comes right off. I'm telling you, the water beads like crazy. I don't think it's a direct replacement for a good wax, but it is more like a protective coat on top of your wax. :nice: