Joined an exclusive club at the track tonight

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sea of Tranquility
No...not the 12 second club...or even the 13 second club. I joined the "break **** at the track" club. :nonono:

Teched in at 7...swapped tires got in line...waited...waited...waited...

About 8:30 I got to the water box...did a burnout on the stickies...saw lots of smoke...hmmm...that don't smell like tire smoke...that smells like...ANTIFREEZE :eek: :mad: ...about that time the tree guy starts hollering at me to shut it down. By then I'd dumped nearly the entire contents of my radiator onto the track. :doh: Took them about 20 minutes to clean it up (first time I've ever seen them clean the track with a blow torch :D )

We pushed it out of the way and I drove the bike return lane to the garage where I could see. At first...nothing...just steam. Thought intake may have cracked again but it was too much to be just a crack. Filled it with water and as soon as the car came to temp it started shooting out of the heater hose. Blew it right at the fitting from the intake. After about an hour of searching for tools and getting it repaired it was 10:30 and I'd already pulled the tires off so I came home.

The bright side is I don't have to replace the intake. But I still don't have my 13's.

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks man, at least it wasnt anything big.

20 mins of track cleaning gets boring, but I was at a stip when a gasket on an old Camaro took a crap and proceeded to puke a steady stream of oil down the whole 1/8th mile. That sucked as far as clean up time.

Better luck next time, at least you have a track thats open.

Gearbanger 101 said:
Musta been a lot of people at the track waiting behind you that were pissed. :D
Dude that's not the half of it. They shut down the street car lane while the strip cars and bikes got 3 frickin runs. There was a line of about 40 behind me since I was 3rd in line on the right lane. I hid after I pulled my car off the track.
hide.gif

Welcome to the club! It sucks when you drive it there and then have to ride home on the tow truck! My clutch went out half way down the strip and couldn't get the car in gear I had to coast back to the parking lot with smoke poring out from under it.That was a very crappy night I was winnig the race to until I couldn't get it in third. I get scared every time I hit the clutch that the pedal will just go dead like that again.

Welcome to the club! The worst thing I've broken so far was my serpentine belt. Got to the end of the track doing 100mph and had two good pumps of the brakes and then they went hard as a rock. Scared the crap out of me. Temp went way up and started blowing antifreeze all over the return lane. Lucky it wasn't on the track. i hate breaking stuff.