Little update on my breakin situation

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
So the insurance did its thing with the car, and they say it needs a complete new dash assembly a new lock, new door skin, and then with the parts that were stolen and the labor that it comes out to 6,000 dollars. And they say that my car is only worth 5,000 so they are going to total it!! Now i need to figure out how much they are gonna give me for it, and if i can put it back to stock before they take it.
So im looking into getting a 94-95 Cobra to replace my GT. Can you guys look in my sig and tell me if there is anything that wont transfer over from my GT to a Cobra???

• Sponsors (?)

See if they will let you buy the car back as is.

I have seen some owners get their car back at a big discount after it has been declaired a total loss.

If you can get it back for next to nothing it might be something to think about.

Later
Grady

Do you have any pictures of the damage? buying it back is a option i would do if somthing like this ever happend to me. The pulleys would be the onlything becuase cobras have a small water pump pulley for better cooling...you could switch them or leave them you call. I agree the fuel pump isnt worth it.

Well they smashed up my entire dash and center area. And then they broke my passenger side lock to get in which ****ed up the door. They said that to fix it all would be more than the car was worth, so they are gonna total it. But im gonna put the car back to stock before they take it. Im gonna take all the parts and transfer them over to a 94-95 Cobra i was just wondering if any of the parts i have now wouldnt transfer over.

what kicks ass about us 94-95 guys is that our GT parts transfer over to the Cobras. Yeah, the insurance company totalled my car too. I bought it back for $390. So in the end, I got $5000 for it. I stripped my hood, rims, shift knob, ac knobs, and put my seats back in before they got there. As long as you replace what you take, its no biggy. Im pretty sure theyll let it back to you for a small price.

Everything will transfer to the Cobra, you just need to decide which parts are worth the hassle of taking off. As for your wrecked car, listen to 17yrold here; buy back your car and keep it as a project or a parts car.

Jon

buy it back after, i wouldn't worry about the gears, they are just too much work to take out for only something that cost $160. not worth the hassle. as for the fuel pump thats up to u. and did i mention buy it back, you'd be suprised what u can get off ebay and from salvage yards. i bet you could fix your dash and door for an easy 2k and have all that left over for upgrades. soo yeah buy it back.

ProKiller said:
buy it back after, i wouldn't worry about the gears, they are just too much work to take out for only something that cost $160. not worth the hassle. as for the fuel pump thats up to u. and did i mention buy it back, you'd be suprised what u can get off ebay and from salvage yards. i bet you could fix your dash and door for an easy 2k and have all that left over for upgrades. soo yeah buy it back.

Juat swap the entire rear end.

Later
Grady

Yeah me and my dad will buy it back if they will be reasonable about the price. Ill probably put it back to stock and sell it cheap with a ****ed up dash and then move on to a white 95 cobra, or ill fix it and use the extra money for upgrades the insurance hasnt given us any money figures so its hard to talk about decisions yet.